Black Cats Only

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
God bless all the back kitties. Love the pics. Just love em. Speaking of black cats I am in the process of wiping all the dirty marks off my walls and doors. I was blaming my human children but I'm now thinking the fur kids have had some input. Mr Dyson vac is always full of black fur too!!! :)

nalathecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does your cat also "sing" to the flies ? Mine I think is a bit crazy, as he thinks it's a bird, therefore he tries to speak with it ;)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
that is called "chittering", a sound made in frustration of not being able to get "prey", in this case the fly. Mine do that every spring when the birds build nests in the tree right in front of the balcony and in the air condition housing, they can see the birds sitting on the branches but can't get them.

bob 1978

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He sounds like one of the raptors in Jurassic World.  
  What a beautiful, sweet cat he is!

purrna2go

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My black cat  is named Cupcake.  Cupcake looks just like the ones here, except she also has shiny black whiskers.  Those eyes stare--guess it's a black cat thing!  The person who named my rescue cat could've named her "Inky", "Midnight", "Shadow", but I think Cupcake is a very creative and original name for a black kitty.  Cupcake was always very thin, and until recently would gallop up and down the hallway, following every human's footsteps.  But then, suddenly she got a stroke.  She was barely alive for days.  The vet wanted to put her down and I was left to my own devices.  Though she still has very little cognition after this tragedy--for example, she lets me vacuum her, she lets me hose her down, with no natural fear of water, noise, or respect for other cats; she gets lost in corners--there are small improvements.  She will lick herself.  She will walk.  She even gave a distress meow.  Still no purring, no normal meowing, no eating, no drinking.  She'll step in water and not even know it.  The other day, I did a hand laundry and the bin was on the floor.  Later I returned to water on the floor and thought I must be a very sloppy person.  I also congratulated myself on washing my good scarves, because the water was very dirty brown.  I swished the scarves around a bit and left. I later noticed that Cupcake was soaking wet.  What?  I put two and two together and after drying kitty, emptied my scarf hand wash bin in the toilet - yes, there was CAT POOP!  I was pleased that Cupcake had attempted to use a litterbox to go, but very dismayed that she plunged into my laundry bin to do it.  The comic relief was followed by an intensive clean up and thorough rewashing of my scarves.  This same morning, she almost hung herself, getting caught inside an umbrella in the closet, of all thing.  But she is a very black black cat and could be a Halloween cat with the hunched back very easily.  When I hand feed her, I put a black plastic trashbag on my lap.  I made a black plastic poncho for her.  With this little black face and big yellow eyes staring out, I cannot help but laugh while at the same time I am wondering WHEN will this all be over.  Meanwhile, she is eating better than any of the other cats: daily scrambled egg; cat milk with vitamins; probiotic; fish oil and antioxidants; vit C; canned pate; fresh catnip.    I just don't have the time for this and everything else is going to pot.  

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Does your cat also "sing" to the flies ? Mine I think is a bit crazy, as he thinks it's a bird, therefore he tries to speak with it ;)

Not "singing" to the fly because she thinks it's a bird, but chittering because she can't get it, to EAT it, it's PREY to Nala!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor kitty. A stroke in a human is bad enough as most of the victims can still communicate in some way. But this poor  cat can't tell you  what she feels or what she wants. You are to be congratulated for the care you have given this cat. Perhaps she will recover most of her faculties or learn to deal with her disabilities. I would not worry about her ignoring water, vacuum cleaners etc, some of my cats are not bothered by them either, others freak out. As long as you can keep her safe, she eats and eliminates her waste (although in places that are not appropriate) she can live for a rather long time. Good wishes are coming your way.

purrna2go

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your perfect understanding.  It means a lot.  Very few would understand.