Black Cats Only

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's a great photo. He (She?) looks like he is trying to mesmerise you.
Thanks Norachan. The Panthers name is Cleo.  Its so hard to photograph cats and I especially have trouble with black ones but this time Cleo just sat there posing!! There were two black cats just moments before but the other one got sick of posing very quickly.

pawpurrints

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm partial to black cats.  Maybe because my very first cat was black, and he was perfect as can be :)  So when we found kittens last year, one happened to be black, and I knew that even if we give away the kittens, I would keep this one black tuxedo girl.  We ended keeping all 3, but the black one, a girl we named Jack, is my sweet li'l baby.  She's flighty as hell, and not great with jumping high places, but she LOVES hugs and kisses.  She's the smallest of the 3 (the other 2 are male tabbies).  They will be a year old in June!

This is her favorite position -- sprawled out like a flat piece of paper:

This is her a few days ago (she looks chunky, but she's a really petite slim thang.  Wish she'd grow some more!

Here she is gettin' groomed by her brother, Leo (she loves sleeping in the pet carrier so we just leave it out for her):

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We call that the "Superman" position--they look like they're going to fly off.  LOL  Funny--my black cat also can't jump, she's a bit of a klutz.  But such a love bug.  

Jack is adorable.

pawpurrints

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks...we love her!  Before we got her spayed, she was pretty tempermental.  But after she got spayed, she made a complete turn around i attitude.  She now loves to be held and carried everywhere.  Loves to hang off your shoulder.  Maybe because she can't jump up to high spots, she enjoys being held high.

We call this pose a flat-fert...because we used to have ferrets who would lay flat on their bellies when contemplating what trouble to cause next.  She looks just like they did on her belly.  She's funny when going into a flat position....her hind legs stop moving, her front legs keep walking forward until she's flat  LOL  Very dainty!  But she does indeed look like Superman in flight!

She's a hard cat to take pictures of.  Most of our couches are black and she just sort of disappears into it.

catmama21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! He's my sweetie. I have another but she's gray so she didn't make the cut of the black cat thread :) So many beautiful kitties on here :)

gixxie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

These are of Blackie.  He is a very smart cat who problem solves and when he wants attention and is not getting it, he lets you know in funny ways.  Hes a great cat who doesn't live with me now but he is loved and missed.  He is in a good home so I have to be content with that.

He was feral along with my other kitty Gixxie.  They were both very sick coming home from the kill shelter.  Blackie wasn't quite as sick as Gixxie and he looked out for her as well as playing together.  They are my pride and joy. 

All I have now are pictures and I hope you enjoy them <3

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

These are of Blackie.  He is a very smart cat who problem solves and when he wants attention and is not getting it, he lets you know in funny ways.  Hes a great cat who doesn't live with me now but he is loved and missed.  He is in a good home so I have to be content with that.

He was feral along with my other kitty Gixxie.  They were both very sick coming home from the kill shelter.  Blackie wasn't quite as sick as Gixxie and he looked out for her as well as playing together.  They are my pride and joy. 

All I have now are pictures and I hope you enjoy them <3
Tiny babies.  They are lovely 
  Thank you for sharing.