Black Cats Only

Sammiches

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
SO cute! I've never seen one of those. Looks like Luna has a LOT of fun with it, too! :purr:
It's actually just a cardboard box, some soft material I put inside the box, and a fashionable sweater that I could never see myself wearing outside so I decided to give it to Luna instead.

I tried so hard not to laugh every time she poked her head out lol.

*Edit*
There's a 5 lbs soft bar bean bag inside to keep the box from tipping over when Luna is jumping on/into it.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's actually just a cardboard box, some soft material I put inside the box, and a fashionable sweater that I could never see myself wearing outside so I decided to give it to Luna instead.

I tried so hard not to laugh every time she poked her head out lol.

*Edit*
There's a 5 lbs soft bar bean bag inside to keep the box from tipping over when Luna is jumping on/into it.
Really great and creative project! You should put it on the DIY threads, too!

Sammiches

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Really great and creative project! You should put it on the DIY threads, too!
That's the beauty of it! Cats seem to very much enjoy the simple things in life. The DIY things I have are as simple as can be, just bundle up random things you have around your home and your cat will for whatever reasons love it more than most things. I have a random step ladder sitting in storage and decided to take it out and throw a blanket over the top. Now it's her favorite place to sleep and she has 3 dedicated cat beds and single tall cat tree.

I'd like to point out that the shirt over a box idea was originally brought up by the youtube channel Cole and Marmalade. Everything else above that I included to make the shirt over box more exciting lol.

Anyways...
Most of the time if she's not under my blanket she's pretty much there making sure that I'm waking up.
27744389_1760530944010934_1749221250_o.jpg

27707330_1758814790849216_385064162_o.jpg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the beauty of it! Cats seem to very much enjoy the simple things in life. The DIY things I have are as simple as can be, just bundle up random things you have around your home and your cat will for whatever reasons love it more than most things. I have a random step ladder sitting in storage and decided to take it out and throw a blanket over the top. Now it's her favorite place to sleep and she has 3 dedicated cat beds and single tall cat tree.

I'd like to point out that the shirt over a box idea was originally brought up by the youtube channel Cole and Marmalade. Everything else above that I included to make the shirt over box more exciting lol.

Anyways...
Most of the time if she's not under my blanket she's pretty much there making sure that I'm waking up.
View attachment 217658
View attachment 217659
Love Cole and Marmalade! That's a great idea with the stepladder, too -- (almost) instant cat tree!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love Cole and Marmalade! That's a great idea with the stepladder, too -- (almost) instant cat tree!
Decided to do a scientific experiment. Put up six-foot stepladder in common room upstairs. 15 seconds later, cat is sniffing at it. 30 seconds later, cat is sitting on top, examining ceiling fan blades. Instant portable cat tree!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. How he's sleeping next to me while I'm watching the news. He did take the trip down rather carefully, though. The fan blade must not have been very interesting.
Yeah, we have the same thing here. I'll have to drag a ladder in from the garage and set it up for them. Maybe they'll discover something exciting up there.:lolup:

Sammiches

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol this may be the last one I post here and just post the rest to DIY if other random ideas comes up. Though I wouldn't doubt if someone else posted it already.

If you have a cat attachment toy that's torn up like Da Bird attachments, you'll probably end up buying a new one. Before you do, pull out the metal attachment. On the other end of it there should be a little loop you can fit a string through. Use a string or yarn, something thick enough(but still thin enough so you can loop it through) so that you can loop it a few times and your cat can feel the pleasure of biting into those knots. Leave a little string dangling at the end piece so that your cat for w/e reasons will drive their instinct to chase a piece of string lol. Sure you can use a normal piece of string but with this you can manipulate the string to move mostly however you want so that the cat can get a good exercise.

End product - The least impressive looking toy ever.
27901051_1762975440433151_563082315_o.jpg

Yes I'm aware my computer area is messy but this isn't about me, it's about the cats and a piece of knotted string. Don't worry, she catches it right when I turned off my iPad.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol this may be the last one I post here and just post the rest to DIY if other random ideas comes up. Though I wouldn't doubt if someone else posted it already.

If you have a cat attachment toy that's torn up like Da Bird attachments, you'll probably end up buying a new one. Before you do, pull out the metal attachment. On the other end of it there should be a little loop you can fit a string through. Use a string or yarn, something thick enough(but still thin enough so you can loop it through) so that you can loop it a few times and your cat can feel the pleasure of biting into those knots. Leave a little string dangling at the end piece so that your cat for w/e reasons will drive their instinct to chase a piece of string lol. Sure you can use a normal piece of string but with this you can manipulate the string to move mostly however you want so that the cat can get a good exercise.

End product - The least impressive looking toy ever.
View attachment 217791

Yes I'm aware my computer area is messy but this isn't about me, it's about the cats and a piece of knotted string. Don't worry, she catches it right when I turned off my iPad.
What a cute expression she has in the beginning of the video! *And a fellow weightlifter can be as messy as they want!* :yess::bigeyes: