Black Cats Only

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
She's looking a bit wind swept this morning. It's snowing again, none of us are happy about it.
Thank you, Norachan. It looks like she is almost all black again, at least the brown color is much darker. No snow here in SoCal, I don't miss it at all. There was snow on the local mountains on New Year's Eve but only lasted one day, it was nice to look at and brought out all the photographers who wanted to show their friends and relatives elsewhere that it DOES snow here every once in a while.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's a nice picture @segelkatt  Just a little dusting of snow like that looks really pretty.

The sun came out today so I was able to take a few more pictures of Carpet in all her weird and wonderful glory.

She looks like a shaggy little bear cub, but she wouldn't stay still long enough for me to brush her.

Two of her sisters, Chicken and Twinkle, came out to show off their spring plumage too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

She looks like a shaggy little bear cub, but she wouldn't stay still long enough for me to brush her.

Two of her sisters, Chicken and Twinkle, came out to show off their spring plumage too.

I was wondering about all that hair: does it tangle at all on Carpet and/or her sisters? These pics are wonderful, they really show off just how beautiful they are

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   Brilliant expression here - Asha is a star candidate for the Stink Eye thread with this look.  

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's great at sneaking it in. I get the camera out and line up the shot and she's either asleep or looking innocent/blissful. I take the picture to find she's switched to stink eye in that split second! :rolleyes: :lol3:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

I was wondering about all that hair: does it tangle at all on Carpet and/or her sisters? These pics are wonderful, they really show off just how beautiful they are
Actually they're pretty easy to take care of. I'm brushing them every day at the moment because they are moulting. Every minute spent grooming them is one less minutes that I need to spend vacuuming and they're so much more fun than a vacuum cleaner.

They only time they get tangled is in the autumn when they get grass seeds and stuff caught up in their fur. I sometimes have to trim a clump out, but most of the time they're OK with just a quick brush all over.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr. mwallace, handsome cat your Tucker, I would love to know where you got that fine cat house pictured in your first 2 photes of Tucker. Please don't tell me it's home made.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr. mwallace, handsome cat your Tucker, I would love to know where you got that fine cat house pictured in your first 2 photes of Tucker. Please don't tell me it's home made.
ok, i won't tell you, actually my dad built it for one of the dogs because she had puppies. i just modified it so only they can go in or out. they occasionally use it, 

sheila0

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My Nickie Noodle, she was found as a kitten crawling on a beam at a construction site, eyes still closed, and brought to a vet to be euthanized.   I became her "mommy", fed her with a bottle, taking her with me everywhere.  The hardest part was keeping her warm.  When she opened her eyes for the first time she looked at me and hissed.  She was sweet cat, though.   I miss her so.