Black bump

Teresa1165

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 10 year old cat developed this fluid filled black bump on h9s face late summer/early fall. Local vet aspirated the bump, said it was not cancerous but did not give me any more information. The bump did shrink but has grown back again. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with this. It does not seem to bother him but I’d love to know what it is. Thanks!

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Since the bump recurred, contact the vet. When you do, ask if there was any determination of what it was. The vet may have told you it was not cancerous, and I am not suggesting that you were given incorrect information, but may have thought that giving you more details was not necessary. If there was no actual analysis of the contents of the bump, there needs to be one this time. Given it recurs and grows, it could become bothersome, even if it is not malignant, and should be removed or at least drained again if that is all that the vet thinks is needed.

I don't want to scare you, but the fact that it is painless does not mean that it could not be serious.....unless that has definitely been ruled out via analysis.