Bitting 6 Month Old Kitten

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello i have a question about bitting behavior in cats roughly 6 months old female. Sami recently started bitting me when im holding her unprovoked its never hard so i guess its more niping then any thing and it usually when she trying toget you to rub her head. Im just trying to figure out why she does it. Is it a greeting or attotion seeking just playing teething so on. Then i worry is this something i need to be breaking her of quickly or will she out grow it. Her mom ally has a habbit of nipping you when you ignore her or she gets over stimulated but it usually harder then her nips she already taught Talia to nip instead of bitting which was good as Talia was a bad biter at the time. So could Sami had learned it from her mom although Sami just started a few days ago

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sami giving love bites lol i know when she gets mad or it becomes rough play. I find simpley telling her she grabed my hand and can not bite me for it or she going to be put down her little eyes get huge and she lets go like sorry mom dont put me down yet. When she mad she yells before biting and that gets her put down.

Ally i believe is part love bite part attention seeking cause its really more teeth touching skin then a bite and she lets go right away