maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use a feeder, just throw the bird seed on the ground. I don't mind squirrels coming and enjoying. SG is happy to watch them to. However, this means I can't clean the ground. Would it be best if I simply stop feeding for three weeks? more? At this time of year there is plenty of food around for all sorts of birds. I feed them because I like to see them and so does kitty. We are both willing to give this up if it will save them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use a feeder, just throw the bird seed on the ground. I don't mind squirrels coming and enjoying. SG is happy to watch them to. However, this means I can't clean the ground. Would it be best if I simply stop feeding for three weeks? more? At this time of year there is plenty of food around for all sorts of birds. I feed them because I like to see them and so does kitty. We are both willing to give this up if it will save them.
Eating on the ground their saliva still travels one to the other. So probably not

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks, I hadn't seen anything about this before, but we'll stop feeding until we hear things are better.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks, I hadn't seen anything about this before, but we'll stop feeding until we hear things are better.
I am very upset that I have to remove everything. I get blue jays,cardinals,sparrows,wrens, wood peckers,northern mocking bird,house finch,doves,starling,and of course pine siskin

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to check the local birding pages for my area to see if they have info before I take anything down. My feeders are almost empty anyway.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It's mostly because I have already had one. As a precaution it is suggested til they migrate which is soon

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It has happened to other people her so it's not just me. Already took everything down finally stopped raining so I can clean outside.