Bile/foam 4 Times in 15 minutes

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, while I know that Geoffrey is has cravings for weird things, almost Pica like— I am very careful.

He is also a vomited, with hair balls.
Last week it was 3 times in one day, with just free form hair.

He has been eating really good.

At 3:15 pm, just now, he has vomited 4 times— it is now, 3:30pm. All a tiny bit of foam. No hair ball no food coming out. Weird for him.

I brush him a bit daily. He gets laxatone almost every day— per Vet.

I closed access to my bedroom, so he would not vomit under the bed. He is not happy about that.

Right now he is at the foot of my recliner. He did seem as if he was about to vomit again, but suppressed it.

He has not eaten all afternoon . I took his food away. He is not happy about that either.

Geoffrey has never done this type of vomiting
Making me a bit anxious.

I hope he did not swallow my dental floss from today? That is the only thing he may have gotten into. I immediately throw it in the trash, but, sometimes it just sticks to my hand. I cannot find it in the trash.

you guys are my sounding board. Sorry for the thread— just worried.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I know how careful you are and I'm guessing you threw the dental floss in the trash. However, for your own peace of mind since you said you can't find it you may want to call your vet and ask their advice especially because he vomited four times within 15 minutes. Otherwise, if you're like me, you will worry all night. Please keep us posted on Geoffrey. :hugs:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You are not the only one who has gone through the trash looking for some missing object that someone might have swallowed. It is nerve-wracking and I would call the vet. You need the call as much as Geoffrey does.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I found the dental floss on the floor, next to the trash can— with lid.

Geoffrey’s tummy seems to have calmed down. I waited an hour and 15 minutes before I fed him.

He was begging for food. I gave him 1/2 a scoop. He gobbled it down.

Still keepin him out of my room. At least for a bit longer.

Still watching him. He seems ok.

This cat will be the end of me.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This isn't funny and I am glad that the dental floss was not in his tummy....but there is this element of humor to it. I kept the blue nitrile gloves on hand long before it became "fashionable" I went through the trash so often.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I take back what I said before about Geoffrey gobbling down the dry food. He has been nibbling on it. Still not happy with bedroom door closed. It is almost 2 hours since the vomiting. An hour since I gave him food; so I think I will open the bedroom door.

He is now on the low window sill looking outside.
It is dark in here. Have to get up and put the lights on.

I still do not know what caused this episode. He did this last week also, but that was when I missed brushing him, and lapsed 2 days with the laxatone. So Weird. I still say he has IBD; but without a biopsy, we will not know.. all his labs and ultrasound were normal, in July of this year.

I still think he is kind of sensitive to chicken... or it could be another allergen. I am feeding him
RC rabbit. The daily brushing and laxatone seem to help him a lot.

No wonder why my hair is grey!! UGH.....