Big 5-month old kitten has foot long tail, large paws, and fuzzy fur with broken stripes..

starlyte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He will be magnificent!!! I have seen some pretty impressive Red Tabbies, males usually, more like big armfuls than hand fulls, that must weigh 10 kilos or more.

He'll grow into his paws and tail, just like young teenagers grow less lanky, he just needs time, and you'll have a beautiful big boy :D

I have kept a litter of 4 back kittens, and one is much bigger than the others since birth. I don't know if the other 3 will catch up, but he has a good head start.

Big kittens need a well balanced diet to feed their growing bodies. Mine are nearly 6 months old, and I'm trying to get them off their cat milk now, but when I'm in the kitchen at the right time their little voices sound so ...pitiful, and I crack each time....;)

cody57

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Simba looks exactly like my Filbert.  We adopted Filbert and his sister Ciara.  The agency we adopted them from said the mother is a Maine Coon(they get real big).  As I said, Filby looks JUST like your kitty.  He also is 5 months old and he weighs 8 pounds.  I read somewhere that Maine Coons may not take on the characteristics of a Coonie(tufted ears and such) til they get a little older. As someone stated, I have had two ginger tabbies and she is correct, they both have very loving personalities.  Unfortunately Ciara, the female kitten is very skittish still over 2 months since adoption.  Their mother was shot several times in the face with a BB gun.  A vet said it's possible she is still traumatized by that.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Simba looks exactly like my Filbert.  We adopted Filbert and his sister Ciara.  The agency we adopted them from said the mother is a Maine Coon(they get real big).  As I said, Filby looks JUST like your kitty.  He also is 5 months old and he weighs 8 pounds.  I read somewhere that Maine Coons may not take on the characteristics of a Coonie(tufted ears and such) til they get a little older. As someone stated, I have had two ginger tabbies and she is correct, they both have very loving personalities.  Unfortunately Ciara, the female kitten is very skittish still over 2 months since adoption.  Their mother was shot several times in the face with a BB gun.  A vet said it's possible she is still traumatized by that.
Welcome to our Forums!

Yeah, being shot at surely is traumatizing, and she would surely teach her children to beware of people they arent not sure about...