Beware Of "luvsome" -- Nasty Imposter Food!!

treeclimber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
During a recent shopping trip, I accidentally bought a variety pack of Luvsome seafood canned cat food, because it looked a lot like the Fancy Feast seafood pack that I usually buy. The foods even had the same names - "Cod, Sole and Shrimp Dinner", "Salmon Dinner", and "Ocean Whitefish & Tuna Dinner" - the same as what's in the Fancy Feast pack, except that Fancy Feast says "Feast" instead of "Dinner".

I didn't think it was a big deal, since my cat's not a fussy eater and has tolerated a variety of brands in the past - we'd just work our way through that box, then go back to our usual brand. WRONG.

What followed can only be described as a "cat barf treasure hunt" -- four locations around the apartment that I know of, and there may be more I haven't found yet. He's never reacted that way to any food before...

I don't know what's in "Luvsome" but I highly recommend that you avoid it. Which means being careful when you buy your food that it really is the brand you meant to buy, and not a similarly-packaged knock-off...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

treeclimber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Forgot to mention the heartbreakingly pitiful meowing of a miserably nauseous cat... I am so sorry my friend, I promise I will never feed you that nasty garbage again!

I'm not even going to donate it to a shelter, I don't want to make their cats sick! Straight into the garbage, where it belongs...

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Your poor guy! Hope his tummy feels better.

Here are three things in it that might explain it: artificial flavors, guar gum and added Color (red 3 And Other Artificial Color). There might be more. Here’s what catfooddb.com says about Luvsome: CatFoodDB - LUVSOME Cat Food Reviews

Thanks for the warning!