Best Urine Smell Removers or Cleaners

fur face

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi can you get Nok Out in the Uk do you know, I'm a new to cats and have taken in a six year old female who is litter trained or so I was told,  she is a nervous little thing and has accidents, I'm terrified the smell will take over my home, any advice will be welcome.

blackheart19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found a product at home Depot called ODOBAN. IT REMOVES ALL SMELL OF CAT URINE. It is amazing. I'be had pee wars start recently, have tried all methods and changes recommended to curb the d@@#$ pee war. Of course uit's being the 1st reason eliminated deeming the pee problem behavioral. All products marketed with enzymes and such were ineffective.

marb2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We currently use Nature's Miracle and that does the trick; but I'm not crazy about the alcohol, so we're going to give Anti-Icky Poo or Fizzion a shot.  I do know it's very important to soak the area where the pee was, sop it up, and then spray the area liberally again and let it dry.  Other than taking care of the smell/stain left, it sounds to me like it's a territory problem -- it's not easy to just corral a bunch of cats together and expect them to get along and feel safe/comfortable in a new group.  The rule of thumb is 1 litter box for each cat (spread around the house, obviously) and then an extra. This does make a big difference (unfortunately - I'm not excited about having litter boxes everywhere, but it's a social and safety (in their minds) issue.  ALSO, cats very often pee outside the litter box when something's physically wrong, so that's a factor to eliminate with a vet visit.  Moving the litter box could easily be a big part of the problem as well -- especially for kittens; and cats will pee on pee because they're trying to make themselves feel safe by staking out territory and covering others' urine smells which make them feel uneasy and without territory.

Some things that definitely help --a LOT-- are to add vertical territory with cat trees, shelves, etc., DEFINITELY spray Feliway and get some of their plug-in diffusers ...makes a huge difference.  Another thing that might surprise you with the range of help, incredibly informative educacation it offers is Anitra Frazier's book "The New Natural Cat".  All I can say is God Bless That Woman.  I hope this helps!  It's a lot more fun to have cats when they feel calm and safe and don't exist in a state of stress that results in "bad" but very normal behavior. Good luck!!

tamotv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Biological? Don't you mean biodegradable? Please clarify, and thanks!

redcat57

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just ordered some Unscented Anti Icky Poo.

We used to use Petzyme but they discontinued it.

We have tried a Kids n Pets and Whisker City and they are not as effective and the perfume odor is almost as nasty as pee.

The Petzyme had a very mild, vaguely citrus scent.

I will let you know what I think.

This was a great article:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/how-to-remove-cat-urine

I had to say "WOW" at the following:

"Notably, because of the uric acid component of cat urine, cat pee has a half-life of six years"

alan woodison

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Personally I found the smell of cat urine unbearable, I tried many different products but none really did what the label said. Unfortunately there is no easy way of finding out if a product is very effective until you have given it a try, by which time you have already spent the money. After trying many different chemicals I found the only thing that worked was a GSD, since I purchased a GSD the cat smells have vanished, come to think of it, I can't remember seeing the cat for a while! I guess the GSD is so powerful it not only removed the smell of the cat, it made the cat vanish as well! ...........................only joking! I love my cat but I just felt like a wind up the feline perternity, PS my German shepherd dog also loves cats! Meeeeowww!

ernestade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can anyone suggest the best way to get rid of the smell?  I have used Natures Mircale Urine Destroyer and ran out, and then bought Natures Miracle No More Spraying.  I think the Destroyer worked best but I was wondering if there was anything better out there.

The best way to get rid of the smell is to use all natural cleaning products. Try using Pet Odor Eliminator from Aussie BioClean Products. 

butz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There's only one product that truly works. "Odor Medic" and the manufacturer invites you to call them for assistance with your urine problem. You'll find it online by googling.