Best Tinned Cat Foods for kitty with IBD

melaniewa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am trying to figure out the best food to feed my kitty with IBD. So far she has been having Fancy Feast (Classic variety) and then pred for a day or 2 when she goes off her food.

I am looking to switch to a better variety of cat food, but it is all very confusing to me. I do not want to go the raw route, I just want to find a better variety of cat food.

Does anyone know?

Thanks! 

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vote would be Ziwipeak, Feline Natural, and maybe Tikicat. 

If you're willing to venture into freeze dried raw territory Primal or Instinct Raw Market might be good options too. 

I know you're not interested in raw right now but if you feel like giving it a try at some points Rad Cat, which is a commerial raw food that's pretty easy to find, is a great option for IBD cats. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know several members with IBD kitties feed Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient Diet. There are others too, but that's the one that springs to mind ;)

The key is working out which ingredients trigger his flares, and this will be different for every cat. Several brands make limited ingredient diets (LID) though, and those are generally a good starting point. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm in the UK and don't know a lot about US brands. [thread="304161"][/thread]

Last edited:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of my go to brands:
Pride by instinct
Natures variety lid
Weruva funk in the trunk
I love and you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melaniewa