Best tea for iced tea

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Luzianne, also. I use 4 big tea bags per gallon, plus one small bag each of English Breakfast and Earl Grey for the citrus flavor (Twining's brand), and 2 small bags of green tea (it's healthy so I use it. . .but I don't like the taste. Any brand). I add just a bit more than half a cup of sugar for the gallon, because I don't like it unsweetened but I also don't like it too sweet. I don't like milk in iced tea, although it's a must for hot tea.

Sometimes I'll throw in a bag of peach-flavored tea or Tazo Passion instead of Earl Grey.

jezzybezzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Like GailC, I too have always made sun tea by filing up a clear 2qt dispenser pitcher with water, adding the tea bags letting it sit out in the hot sun for about 4 hrs. Then bring it in and put it in the fridge to cool. We always had it over ice and sweetened to taste. Where I grew up everyone had their sun tea sitting outside during the hottest part the day.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't know they still made the powdered instant tea. My parents used that when I was growing up which was many years ago. I didn't like tea, either hot or cold, until I left home and had brewed tea. That instant stuff is nasty.