Best product to help 2 year old orange tabby

ZsadistRaven

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, so, my 2 year old cat has always had a slightly coarse fur (weird since her brother has very soft fur) and mildly dry skin. But lately I've noticed a lot of dandruff in her fur and she doesn't feel like normal. It's hard to describe the change in texture, but I want to say its kind of oily or dry-ish since every time I pet her static clings to her a lot. (I suspect this is partially due to the low humidity level in our house, but I keep humidifiers running to help.) She is very diligent about cleaning herself (her brother often helps when she'd in a good mood), I know she drinks plenty of water because she's always asking for more, and I brush her about twice a day (its her favorite thing). I've also tried giving her omega3 oil mixed in her food or treats but she turns her nose up to it and I can't always giver her wet food because her brother will eat it all (she's a snacker, he's a vacuum) and I have enough issues with him vomiting up his food when he eats too fast.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend anything that might help this issue?

Thanks

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look up some supplements on Amazon. I get the 'treats', probiotics with salmon oil, etc. they love them. She may need a liquid if she is picky, put it in a small amount of Delectable Lickables, in the stew flavors, they can't resist that! That is what I put all their meds in. It is in a pouch in the treat section. I buy it by the box.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Z ZsadistRaven : just seeing this now. Reading your post, this stood out "I know she drinks plenty of water because she's always asking for more.". I know she's only 2 years old, but if she's drinking excessively, or always thirsty, maybe you should make a vet appointment for her, just to make sure there's nothing medically wrong

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ZsadistRaven

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Z ZsadistRaven : just seeing this now. Reading your post, this stood out "I know she drinks plenty of water because she's always asking for more.". I know she's only 2 years old, but if she's drinking excessively, or always thirsty, maybe you should make a vet appointment for her, just to make sure there's nothing medically wrong
Actually, she was at the vet’s mid-October and she was diagnosed perfectly healthy. The water thing is more that she’s always asking for fresh water. (She recently discovered the fausset in the tub doesn’t just gush out water and runs to it ever time I go into the bathroom.) And she likes to spill her water to play in it. She’s had this dandruff issue since she was about 6 months or so old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ZsadistRaven

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Look up some supplements on Amazon. I get the 'treats', probiotics with salmon oil, etc. they love them. She may need a liquid if she is picky, put it in a small amount of Delectable Lickables, in the stew flavors, they can't resist that! That is what I put all their meds in. It is in a pouch in the treat section. I buy it by the box.
She is a very picky eater. If I add anything to their food (even wet food) or treats, she turns her nose up to it. I’ll give these a try though. Thanks

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Actually, she was at the vet’s mid-October and she was diagnosed perfectly healthy. The water thing is more that she’s always asking for fresh water. (She recently discovered the fausset in the tub doesn’t just gush out water and runs to it ever time I go into the bathroom.) And she likes to spill her water to play in it. She’s had this dandruff issue since she was about 6 months or so old.
Oh, so the requests for water are for play. Not so much fun for you, of course, but good to know it's not for health reasons.

About the dandruff, I did a site search and here's a link with all the threads with "dandruff" in the title. Maybe you can look through some to see if there's anything helpful.

Search Results for Query: dandruff