Best Product For Stain Removal And Deterrent?

thecatzmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What products do you all recommend for pet stain removal, whether it's urine, feces or vomit? Also, I have a problematic cat that doesn't always go to the litter box and I end up with urine/poo stains on carpet. Is there anything that is good to deter her from coming back to these areas? I've trying spraying vinegar/water mix and enzyme sprays. I use an awesome spray for odor remover ("Zero Odor") but can't find an equally excellent product for stain removal.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've had good luck with the Nature's Miracle products for stain removal, and Keep Off! spray repellent.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
The best one I've found is Advanage Multipurpose Cleaner. It doesn't do so well for all the things it claims, but it's excellent for removing odor and stains from cat pee (which isn't included in the claims :lol:).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Woolite's Carpet Cleaner for throw up or poo stains. I use Nature's Miracle on urine. The Woolite cleaner does a decent job; but cat puke on light gray carpets is difficult. Before we shampoo the carpets DH will spray the stained areas and let them soak again. That helps a lot too. The Nature's Miracle does well but I am open to trying other products. I was unable to save a rubber bottomed bath mat and one plush cat bed. Other things have cleaned well. I bought a black light flashlight to help me look for stains so I know I'm getting the whole area. (Fortunately it's not been needed too often! :wink: One of my girls is on a diuretic; so accidents have happened.)

nieniemiauw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, the times it happened the litterbox was pretty dirty, so maybe it is my fault xD
But I cleaned everything a couple days ago and now I am using a new and clean matras and it hasnt happened anymore.
I just bought Urine Off to spray over my old matras cuz that matras is softer ;p