Best place to get good cat furniture

zhazha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
...I'm in search of getting ZhaZha her first piece of furniture...but I can't find anything locally I like so I've been looking online at ordering something.

I've found a few pieces I like here -- www.cozycatfurniture.com

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you can, buy it from a store where you can actually see it. Some of them are very top heavy, and unstable. Make sure when you shake it, it's stable, and feels well built.

If you do buy it online, look for a large base, and make sure any of the poles on it don't look too thin for whatever is being attached to the top of it!

seppolina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have used both eBay & Pet Edge with good results. My local Wal-Mart carries a floor-to-ceiling cat tree with 3 platforms for only $35 - the cats LOVE it. They recently added a 4-foot cat "house" - a base with 3 sisal posts with a cubby hole on top, a sisal pole on top of that & a platform. I think it was about $50 - very reasonable considering how much use the cats are getting out of it.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seppolina -- I've noticed that WalMart tree, and it looked to me like the platforms would be too small for comfort, since two of our cats are... um... generously sized.
But if your kitties like it, maybe I should reconsider! Are any of yours... plump?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually heard of a site from someone here called www.spoilmykitty.com

I got free shipping! and 10% off my order and it was a heck of a lot cheaper to begin with than getting it from a store. I got a tree that goes for $175 at the stores for 60 bucks. Nice
I was skeptical at first, but i guess they wholesale or something so they can sell for less.

Also the amarakat site, they make most of the furniture you would see in stores, they have low cost stuff, but i think you pay shipping...which for a heavy tree can cost a bit. My tree was an amarakat tree but i got it from the spoil my kitty site. Easy to assemble too.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Spoil my kitty is actually a sponsor of TCS. You can click on the link at the bottom of the page.