Best Otc Dewormer?

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! :) I'm in the market for the best OTC dewormer that kills all the parasites kitties get. I prefer the liquid since pill form has always been a challenge here. Lol so i thought lets try liquid dewormer!:D so what would u all recommend? The girls have been doing great!:) I got different kitty food but Velvet is still so stinky!:confused: she passes gas & it smells like a sewage factory! Hubs thinks it could be the canned meat. I kinda don't wanna take that away from them cuz they r soo skinny...especially Velvet & they could use the extra food. Comet doesn't stink...she seems fine. Its velvet is my stinky feline!:confused: lol. So I thought maybe I better deworm them since I know they r past due. The previous owner said she had wormed them when they were kittens so they r probably overdo.
TIA!:lovecat4:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It really isn't advisable to use an OCT wormer, or any other kind of ORC medication for that matter.
Are Otc Medications Safe For Your Cat?

I always get my wormers from my vet...not least because I want to be sure that wormer is actually what's needed (as opposed to some other digestive issue that needs treatment). This is especially the case when kitty is skinny or underweight, which is how you're describing both your guys. Wormers are given by weight, too, and it's important that each cat gets the right amount ;)
The 4 Most Common Worms That Can Make Your Cat Sick
Giardia And Giardiasis In Cats
Identifying Common Ailments In Cats Adopted From Animal Shelters And Rescue Groups

As for pilling, there are some great pointers in these articles:-
How Can I Give A Pill To My Cat
Pilling Cats: Must-know Tips For Hiding Pills

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It really isn't advisable to use an OCT wormer, or any other kind of ORC medication for that matter.
Are Otc Medications Safe For Your Cat?

I always get my wormers from my vet...not least because I want to be sure that wormer is actually what's needed (as opposed to some other digestive issue that needs treatment). This is especially the case when kitty is skinny or underweight, which is how you're describing both your guys. Wormers are given by weight, too, and it's important that each cat gets the right amount ;)
The 4 Most Common Worms That Can Make Your Cat Sick
Giardia And Giardiasis In Cats
Identifying Common Ailments In Cats Adopted From Animal Shelters And Rescue Groups

As for pilling, there are some great pointers in these articles:-
How Can I Give A Pill To My Cat
Pilling Cats: Must-know Tips For Hiding Pills
Thank u for the info! I'll check that out!:) when I do take them to my vet (once finances allow) I'm definitely going to have them tested for giardia & all that. Hopefully soon I'll get them in to my vet

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When you do take them to the vet try to bring a poop sample from each cat. This will help the vet determine the exact parasite each cat has so the most effective medicine can be prescribed. You might need to separate them for a day before so you can be sure you are getting a sample from each.