Best Options For A Holiday.

ramblinggnomes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I need your advice about going on holiday. In the summer I go on holiday for 3 weeks and I can´t take my cat. That last two times I left her at the house of a pet sitter and although my cat came back fine, there are a few little things that make me feel uncomfortable with this woman.
So I have to look for someone else.
My problem is do I find someone to have her in their house so that she has company. This is cheaper but means her being in yet another strange place.

Or have somone pet sit but they will probably only be there for part of the day and charge twice as much?

What would be less stressful for her? I feel like 3 weeks is to long to have her there alone just with someone popping in to feed her.

pipperoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't relocate your cat. Cats are territorial and like their own place. Can you get a housesitter? I've had pretty good luck with finding someone (who I know, or who comes recommended through someone I know--never a stranger) who will come and stay in my place. Its usually someone who lives with roommates and would welcome the tranquility of having a place to themselves for a few weeks, or someone who lives further away and finds my place closer to their work. I've even had a former colleague who misses having a cat who welcomed the chance to spend a few weeks with Pip.
And, to make myself feel better, I arrange to have them send me texts and pictures so that I can be sure Pip is happy!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I agree that it is best to not relocate your cat if at all possible. Cats like to be in their own surroundings. We have always had our pet sitter come to the house and have been using the same pet sitter for a long time. Here is an Article which I hope you find helpful about choosing the right pet sitter: Selecting The Best Pet Sitter
You are wise to start thinking about this subject now since you are not going on holiday until the summer. I hope you can find the best solution for your cat while you're away. Good luck! :goodluck: