Best online pet pharmacies? And punky update

Punkyismybby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took punky to the vet for her flea allergy dermatitis and they wanna give her a Kenalog injection which is a corticosteroid to relieve the itching and a Convenia antibiotic injection because they said her skin is a bit infected from itching as well. And we're going to be using revolution for her flea medicine. Her appt was on Tuesday and I told the vet I won't have the money until Friday (today) bc I'm a broke bitch so punkys next appt to go back is this coming Tuesday. Pet medications always make me nervous bc side effects but I know my allergic bby needs the relief! I have never seen an animal more allergic to fleas than punky!!! Has anyone on here had a pet with flea allergy dermatitis??? Anyways, thank God flea season is almost over. All of our cats are going to have to stay on flea meds every month. Hopefully eventually we can reach a point where we will only have to use flea meds in the warm months and not have to in the winter months (I live in Indiana). I'll update more about how punkys skin is healing after her next appt bc it makes me feel better.

Also does anyone have any recommendations on good online pet pharmacies? I read some bad things about chewy and walmart pet rx but they seem so affordable 😫 I hope it's not true! Anyone tried allivet? The only thing I'm looking for is fast rx approval. Most of the bad reviews I read were bc the company took forever to get the rx verified with the vet.

Also I'm new to this site and just wanted to say I'm really glad I joined! There's always someone here to give me helpful insight and I'm really grateful for that! From one cat lover to the next 😂

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I ams try your kitty is going through this.

For on line pharmacies: Wedgewood, Roadrunner, or Stokes; are the ones who come to mind.
I am using Wedgewood, so far no issues. I hear Chewy is pretty good, but limited in their selections.
These pharmacies can compound the prescription into various types: chew treat, capsule, min-melts, liquid suspensions, etc, and add flavorings.
Yes, they can be pricey.. but check with them.

Some large chain stores: Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, have pet drug card. You can get 20% off human drugs which are prescribed for cats.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have used both Wedgewood and Chewy and have been entirely satisfied with both.

Both reached out to vets for the prescription verification and approval. My cat vet does not have the swiftest office staff, unlike the dog vet, but they still filled everything on time. Even during the height of the pandemic and lockdown, I always received the medication from Chewy on time. Wedgewood is equally good and I have used them in cases where I needed something compounded.