Best Nutro Wet And Dry Food?

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am wondering which of these in this brand does not have the carnagenen in it I'm sure I spelled that wrong lol but anyhow I need a kitten wet and dry and a older cat wet and dry that is safe for my babies....I seen so many different brands today my head is spinning. I bought RR noutrish for my older cat vs his indoor Purina and he has been up and about more but I did read here its not that good for them. Please advise o wise kitty mommas!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since you have both a kitten and an adult cat it might be easier to find a nice grain free all stages food. Then you are only having to control portion size within the one food instead of buy two different foods (well four, since you want wet and dry). I personally like Nature's Variety Instinct line for an all stages food.

If you want to stick with Nutro then I would for the kitten the Wild Frontier Kitten dry and adult dry. For wet food you would want to look at a different brand.

Last edited:

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nutro has 2 kitten wet food flavors that are grain and carageenan-free: Soft loaf chicken and Minced salmon. My cats loved both of those when they were babies. They have one dry food that is grain-free for kittens, called Wild frontier and the ingredients don't look too bad, but it is brand new so i've never tried it and haven't seen any reviews for it yet. For adult wet food, ones that I know are grain and carageenen-free are the Minced chicken, sliced turkey, minced chicken and shrimp, and then all of the original Nutro perfect portions flavors are as well, HOWEVER i've noticed that the Wild Frontier wet food does have carageenan unfortunately. For adult dry food, the Wild frontier doesn't look too bad, but same as the kitten, I havent seen any reviews yet. They do have a regular grain-free line that comes in either Duck or Salmon flavors which is a highly rated food, and my cats love the Duck flavor.