Best litter for cat with pica?

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need a safe non clumping litter for my cat, one that if she happens to eat will be safe.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Disclaimer: Please consult with your veterinarian before purchasing any litter for your cat.

Anything corn- or wheat-based (such as S'Wheat Scoop) should be ok if your cat should consume it in small quantities. I have heard of some people using unmedicated chick feed from farm supply stores as well.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Worlds best is a corn based litter and one that is frequently used with kittens who also have a tendency to taste or eat their litter. One of its drawbacks however is that mice also find it delicious.

For sure if you haven’t, discuss your cats Pica with your vet. Have you tried chews for her? They come in strings and sticks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Worlds best is a corn based litter and one that is frequently used with kittens who also have a tendency to taste or eat their litter. One of its drawbacks however is that mice also find it delicious.

For sure if you haven’t, discuss your cats Pica with your vet. Have you tried chews for her? They come in strings and sticks.
I was looking at newspaper based litter. I have not tried chews, what type of chews are the best? Thank you for the recommendations.