Best Friends.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Boxer, Tyson, came to us 4 years ago from the humane society. We had had our solid black cat Mr Jynx for about a year. Also rescued as a kitten. Mr Jynx is the most laid back cat ever. He has been neutered and indoors. All my pets are. They got along fine immediately. I them rescued a black female kitten Little Miss. She hissed for about a day at the dog. Cats got along fine. Since she became pregnant, she has been both fierce and loving to Tyson. But her is a picture of her loving on Tyson just before giving birth.
lmtyson`.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. As you can see on Tyson's face he is not sure which mood this is and is looking to me for advice. LOL. I have a menagerie here, all rescues, even one outside that found us and doesn't like to be in. I insist however when it is cold.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's such a gorgeous photo ! I'd to get a dog too one day ! Although the dog would have to be very laid back to put up with our fiesty gracie !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's such a gorgeous photo ! I'd to get a dog too one day ! Although the dog would have to be very laid back to put up with our fiesty gracie !
We also have a Red Nose Pit that found us in our driveway. Of course, she had a new home. I know the reputation of them and was always afraid of them. But she has been the very best, well mannered, loving dog I have ever had. I don't like to care for puppies, it is a lot of work but that is the best to introduce to a cat. The dog, will be the second in command and he and the cat will know that. I read the article on here for introducing new pets and found it most helpful. If you decide to get one, take it around the neighbor hood and see if it wants to run after cats, birds, etc. Those behaviors aren't good according to the article. Smaller yip yap dogs don't seem to be as willing.