Best Freinds Or Something Eles?

grcoburn21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my sister has two cats, one is a young male spay Maine coon part Siamese and the other is a soon to be spay female kitten. These two tend to play a lot and also some times sleep together, lily the female would sometimes lay near his stomach like the way a kitten would lay with its mom. My dad told my that he was sure that he saw her trying to get milk form him one time when she was laying with him. Sometimes she would go up to him and put her head near his face so that he would groom her, but sometimes when she dose that she just wants to play. However when she dose want to be groom he would sometimes get on top of her, should we be worried about it? Dose he see her as is own or as a friend? Dose she see him as an grown up or as a friend?

LuvDeezKittez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:cheerleader::cheerleader:GOOD NEWS!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader:
It sounds like your kitties really like each other-- they play together, sleep together, wrestle, and groom each other (allogrooming) all of which reinforces a strong social bond and brings harmony to your household. How they see each other in terms of relationship status doesn't always neatly fit into the same categories that humans have for each other. Parent and Child, Friend & Friend, Brother & Sister, Boyfriend & Girlfriend, etc etc. Cats have their own pecking orders and relationships that even cat experts sometimes disagree on.
lick.jpg
Cats can exhibit "nursing-like behavior" with other cats of the same or different ages, other cats of same/different genders (ex:2 male cats), different species (a dog for example), or even their owners. Do your kitties knead each other and/or you? (where they move their paws back and forth rhythmically like they're smooshing some dough) Some people call that "making biscuits". It's self-comforting to your cat and reminds them of nursing on their mother. Many times they'll purr, drool or get sleepy while doing it.

Getting on top of each other, swatting, biting,and wrestling isn't necessarily negative or mating related at all-- most times it's just play that looks aggressive to us. Cats use playtime to learn, develop, and practice skills like stalking, chasing and pouncing. Here's a good article about it called "Are my cats playing or fighting?"
Are My Cats Playing or Fighting?
But take a deep breath :vibes: and don't worry! Your kitties sound like they love each other, and obviously you love THEM! :itslove: Best Wishes

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
grcoburn21 grcoburn21 : Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: How old is your sister's new kitten? It sounds like she and her "big brother" are friends, but depending on her age, she might also be missing her mom, thus the trying to nurse.