Best Food Brands For Kittens?

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If they had fleas, you may have flea eggs lying around. Clean your house thoroughly to prevent the next generation from sprouting out...
Comb daily for flea dirt, especially around the base of their tail!

At this age, I would say, play with and handle them lots, get your friends and family to come over and play with them. Take them on the car with you if you can to get them used to car rides, this will be helpful for trips to the vet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tay_97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If they had fleas, you may have flea eggs lying around. Clean your house thoroughly to prevent the next generation from sprouting out...
Comb daily for flea dirt, especially around the base of their tail!

At this age, I would say, play with and handle them lots, get your friends and family to come over and play with them. Take them on the car with you if you can to get them used to car rides, this will be helpful for trips to the vet!
For now we have the kittens in the kitchen in a large space, alittle far from the living room. I was hoping that would help to prevent the fleas from getting in there. Why Fiance will bring the kittens to the vet, hopefully they can do something about the fleas, and ill clean the house thoroughly while they are gone.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You might not see adult fleas on the kittens but most likely there will be flea eggs on the kittens and wherever the kittens play / sleep on just waiting to hatch. In addition to topical flea treatment, do your best to get rid of the home of fleas. Flea eggs are sticky and hard to get rid of so you have to wait for those to hatch. So be patient :) Give the kittens baths, comb them frequently, vacuum frequently, washing blankets and other things the kittens sleep on in hot water, etc.

How To Treat Fleas In Young Kittens
How To Bathe Small Kittens The Safe Way
Homemade Flea Remedies For Cats
Cat Fleas

lisa1706

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont think the mother is necessarily feral, but no one is taking care of these cats other than feeding them. If we dont take the kittens sunday she said she is going to just let them go, and I dont want that to happen :( Will the kittens be ok if we take them?

We figured we could feed them blue buffalo kitten food, they are just so expensive I was wondering if there is a brand similar maybe that isnt as expensive, either way I will spend what I have to to keep them healthy, especially them being so young.

We are definitely going to get them fixed as soon as the vet says we are able to, im really nervous for that, are they in pain after they get fixed or is there anything i should expect while they heal?

We have a large space in our kitchen that we will keep two litter boxes, their food/water, and beds for a few weeks, we live in an apartment so im sure they will catch on quick where things are, we will have a gate to keep them in that area for awhile, of course we will be spending a lot of time with them in there.

Im going to look into local vets the day we get them, hopefully by wednesday we can get them in to see what exactly they need right then and their, and to hopefully find out exactly how old they are.

Thank you so much! I really do appreciate any anyone has to give, I hate rushing into this while barely knowing anything, so im trying to learn as much as possible in such a small amount of time lol.
The kittens will be fine without their mom. Its not ideal but sounds like its best. I had similar situation years ago and my kitty lived a long happy healthy life. I just adopted a kitten who was found abandoned at under 4 weeks. He was bottle fed by a foster mom at the rescue where he was taken for a few weeks. He is now 11 weeks old and doing great. Maybe u can get the mom into a rescue where she can be cared for and hopefully adopted. U will be a great cat mom!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tay_97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You might not see adult fleas on the kittens but most likely there will be flea eggs on the kittens and wherever the kittens play / sleep on just waiting to hatch. In addition to topical flea treatment, do your best to get rid of the home of fleas. Flea eggs are sticky and hard to get rid of so you have to wait for those to hatch. So be patient :) Give the kittens baths, comb them frequently, vacuum frequently, washing blankets and other things the kittens sleep on in hot water, etc.

How To Treat Fleas In Young Kittens
How To Bathe Small Kittens The Safe Way
Homemade Flea Remedies For Cats
Cat Fleas
We got the babies to the vet this morning, vet gave us a treatment thats thats supposed to kill 100% of fleas and eggs in 24 hours. They also got all of their shots, they are doing fantastic! The vet said they are 7 weeks old and 2 pounds