Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Best "floofy" cat grooming tools

Discussion in 'Grooming & General Cat Care' started by allmykitties, May 31, 2016.

1. allmykitties

allmykitties Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Mar 8, 2016
    southern IL
    I have one long-haired (ie floofy) cat who also happens to be my oldest cat (age 8.5 years).  She's just taken a dislike to the brush I had been using (which I had liked for it's easy-to-clean feature).  Not brushing is, of course a really bad idea, but she isn't letting me groom her with the tools I have.  Here's a reasonable picture to see her floofiness.

2. red top rescue

red top rescue TCS Member Veteran

Dec 27, 2012
    Acworth GA, USA
    A brush doesn't penetrate the coat, so you also need a metal comb with round teeth.  More space between the teeth at one end than the other. A flea comb is good for the face hair.  Here is an online grooming course:  http://www.purrinlot.com/persian-cat-grooming.htm

3. margd

margd Chula and Paul's roommate Veteran

Feb 24, 2015
    Maryland USA

4. posiepurrs

posiepurrs TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 11, 2015
    Western Massachusetts, USA
    As stated, a comb is your best friend while grooming a long haired cat. I have a houseful of Persians and the greyhound style comb is all I use to comb them. If this started suddenly it may be that she feels discomfort when you brush. Arthritis comes to mind given her age.