Best Flea And Tick Control

taj1107

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is 8lbs and almost a year old. He spends time indoors and outdoors. Not my choice but he’s happier when he can do as he pleases. But I need help with tics and fleas. He gets a bath at least once a week so I’m concerned that a topical wouldn’t work for us. At the same time I worry about a collar because he does go outside.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I don't think a weekly bath is a good idea for kitty. I was told this can cause skin problems.
I use generic Frontline Plus and give a nitenpyram tablet now and then. I also used perimeter spray with (S) Methoprene

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taj1107

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately he has to be bathed so frequently because he loves the outdoors and rolling around in clay dirt! He’s also a long haired cat. He gets a light shampoo rinse more than a good scrubbing. So far no skin issues.

Misty's Guardian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Misty is now an inside only cat. But I give her a once a month treatment of Advantage II for small cats (5-9lbs) she was just under 8lbs a couple of months ago. I had tried Frontline before but it did not work. And the reason I give her the treatment now is that I feed 3 outside cats on my patio and they and Misty want to play "footsie" thru the slightly open sliding door sometimes and better to be safe than sorry. At my previous vet's office she got a really bad case of fleas that required me to spray our apartment with very strong Flea killer spray and flea comb her several times a day. She was still more kitten than adult so I didn't want to do a flea bath. No fleas since starting the Advantage. Please don't use a flea collar as your cat could get caught in bushes and be choked.