Best Dry Food? If Orijen's Bad Then Idk What's Good

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, I've sure heard that wet food is better, but unfortunately it's 2-3 times as expensive as dry food.
Just wanted to comment back on this... it just might be, but you will be feeding less in the long run, you also will have a healthier cat generally speaking. You could also feed a brand like Fancy Feast Classic Pate which are super cheap and also very low to no carbs. So it all depends on how you look at it.

The issue with Orijen I believe is the fact that peas and lentils and such are specifically causing DCM in DOGS. Cats are a different story because they should never be eating that kind of stuff period as they are obligate carnivores and need meat and more meat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lerrpurr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The issue with Orijen I believe is the fact that peas and lentils and such are specifically causing DCM in DOGS. Cats are a different story because they should never be eating that kind of stuff period as they are obligate carnivores and need meat and more meat.
Yup, that too, you're right! From what I've seen every dry food brand has either grains or beans in it (or at least every of those available at my region). Choosing between dry foods is, indeed, just picking the lesser sin