Best Commercial Raw?

ellyr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten has had persistent loose stool.  Then a pet store employee gave me some samples of raw food - Rad Cat and Primal - and since given him those, there's been a turnaround!  Things are looking much better.  :)

I would like to keep him on raw, and see about transitioning my other cat to raw, as well.  My main issue is that it would be tremendously easier for me to do commercial raw - I have an old apartment kitchen with no counter space whatsoever and limited storage, so it's enough of a balance act trying to cook for myself.  He loved the Rad Cat, but that seems a bit pricey to use as his primary food.  Primal has a lot of extra stuff in it. 

What do you guys use?  And how much? 

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do a price comparison on Rad Cat and Primal. It may not be too expensive elsewhere and, if you order bulk online, you can get free shipping.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do a price comparison on Rad Cat and Primal. It may not be too expensive elsewhere and, if you order bulk online, you can get free shipping.
I have never found buying bulk Rad Cat on-line anywhere gets you free shipping, so what you say is incorrect. I order my Rad Cat from Only Natural Pet Store in Boulder Colorado. The more you order, the heavier your package is, the higher shipping costs are. Rad Cat is not sold in the Midwest. Tracy is working on getting distributor's out this way.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never found buying bulk Rad Cat on-line anywhere gets you free shipping, so what you say is incorrect. I order my Rad Cat from Only Natural Pet Store in Boulder Colorado. The more you order, the heavier your package is, the higher shipping costs are. Rad Cat is not sold in the Midwest. Tracy is working on getting distributor's out this way.
Maybe not Rad Cat, but other raw food companies are on websites with free shipping if your order is a certain value or higher.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The foods that are meat/bones/organs and no veggies are:

Rad Cat (uses a calcium supplement, not ground bone)
The Stella & Chewy's dehydrated cat formulas
Nature's Menu (also uses a calcium supplement rather than ground bone)
Feline's Pride (VERY expensive shipping!!!!!!!!)

I don't know where you live, but even mrsgreenjeens ordered from Hare-Today (she lives in AZ), and it arrived mostly frozen during a heat wave (here and there). But a high quality, less expensive (almost) already-prepared alternative is Hare-Today. You can order their frozen ground mixes (you want the fine ground options when feeding cats, not the course ground, which is an option for several proteins). You can dethaw some of them (in a bowl with cold water - takes an hour or so for the 2 pound chubs), mix them with the Alnutrin supplement for meat/bones/organs (also sold on the site), and package them up in meal-sized portions, and refreeze them. :nod: This is the site: http://www.hare-today.com, and this is the supplement: https://www.hare-today.com/product_...d=290&osCsid=7f13f22a884e79014d7bb8eb7878f4d1 (There is a larger size: more economical).

They have a really wide variety of proteins to choose from. :D

BTW, I manage this in the kitchen in our RV. I lay a large cutting board down on the stove to create a little more counter space. :lol3: