Best clumpable litter

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always bought Scoop Away because it is clumpable and packaged in boxes. Because changing litter types can cause a cat to pee and poop outside the box, I do not want to stop buying it until Patricia dies. However, I have decided to look for a different type of litter for my next kitten because Scoop Away is very messy and I can't go in the laundry room barefoot. Is there another clumpable litter that never tracks away from the litterbox?

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with detmut. They are my top 2.i strictly use Dr. Elseys now. Have you ever tried switching her litter before? When I did the switch, I used Cat Attract (just in case) and we didn't run into any issues with switching litters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a cat who would not pee in the litterbox if it was moved to the other side of the room, so I was always afraid changing litter would cause him to soil the carpet again. Now Patricia is 16, so she would definitely reject anything that looks, smells, or feels different.

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i would use an extra litter box whenever i experimented with a new litter.
I think it might be worth a shot transitioning her over to a new litter. Who knows, she might not mind or even prefer the new litter. Cat Attract may help the process as well, if she begins to urinate outside the box, even if the new kind is in it's own litter box.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
What is Cat Attract?
It's a training litter: Cat Attract An additive is also available through vets.
Cat Attract[emoji]8482[/emoji]…the problem cat and kitten training litter. This new scoopable litter provides a solution for cat owners whose cats do not use their litter box. Blended with a natural herb attractant, Cat Attract’s herbal scent, ideal texture and particle size combine to solve litter box problems.

Non-use of the litter box is the number one reason a cat is abused or finds itself in a shelter. Cat Attract[emoji]8482[/emoji] is the first cat litter to specifically address problem cats. It is also an excellent litter for getting kittens off to a good start with their litter box habits.

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
   I keep the additive on hand (since you get so much) and if I hear of any friends who have issues, I give them a little bit. I found it at PetSmart, but other stores like Amazon sell it too.