Best Christmas Present Ever: kittens

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Meowy Christmas everyone! My foster mom, Mrs. Claws delivered the best present ever this morning. I went to her room around 9 and found 4 white kittens and a black/white tabby. So far they are all nursing and moving around.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
What a lovely Christmas present for you. I am sure that Mrs. Claws is incredibly happy to have found a safe place to have her babies.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congrats! Beaming!

What color is Mrs Claws? I mean, if she isnt white / high white, the probability is high the white kittens are points to be...

Ps. Please change Mrs Claws name somewhat, with that name she may be difficult to find an adoption home... But if YOU wish to keep her, it wont matter. :)

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Beaming!

What color is Mrs Claws? I mean, if she isnt white / high white, the probability is high the white kittens are points to be...

Ps. Please change Mrs Claws name somewhat, with that name she may be difficult to find an adoption home... But if YOU wish to keep her, it wont matter. :)
I really don't think the name would be a deterent i mean you could just change the spelling a bit, Mrs. Claus but really 90% of people don't pay attention to the names or change them.

As long as a name isn't inappropreate I really don't think its a deterent.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I really don't think the name would be a deterent i mean you could just change the spelling a bit, Mrs. Claus but really 90% of people don't pay attention to the names or change them.

As long as a name isn't inappropreate I really don't think its a deterent.
Yes, Mrs Claus is verry appropriate, practically the same sound, AND rememberance of the Christmas gift!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 5 newborns (1 1/2 days old - see "Best Christmas Present Ever) The mom is only 10 months old and is first time mom. My concern is that she is not washing the kittens. I know kittens need to be stimulated to pee and poop until they start eating solid food. Should I try to wash them with a cloth after they eat? They seem to be pooping, but mom is not eating poop as they normally do.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, you can gently clean them. Mom may be exhausted, as birthing and nursing are very hard work. Hopefully she will begin cleaning them as soon as she has the energy.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Just pick up the poop and throw it in the trash. Don't leave it lying around for obvious reasons. She just might be inexperianced.

As for the kittens themselves you could gently wipe them with a lukewarm cloth water only and dry with a towel. But unless they are filthy I wouldn't do this. Please weigh them and track their weights. Most litters have one or more tinys who need extra help.