Best cat urine cleaning product

kit e cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please let me know your experiences with it and what you found to be the best ones, that take away all the odor, so my cat will stop doing this.
Yes, he's been to the vet, he's had stones before, they were removed, and he's been on Prozac for 3 years for inappropriate urination, and it's just not working anymore. The stones were removed 2 years ago, he has been checked, no UTI, no crystals, no stones, no anything. Just peeing on the walls.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite is Nok Out. You can only get it online. I've tried the enzyme cleaners sold at the big box stores and haven't had a lot of luck with them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kit e cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you use the broad spectrum or the regular odor remover?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also have used NOK-Out, (regular). I have also found StinkFree (sold at Petsmart) to be incredibly effective as well.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kit E Cat

Do you use the broad spectrum or the regular odor remover?
This is the one I use. Yup - I buy the 2-1/2 gallon jug. I use it in place of Febreeze and other products that people buy to freshen their homes.

If you purchase it, the company sends you e-mails with ideas on how to use their products. From that I started loading up a spray bottle with a 50/50 solution (half water) to use around the house. I also have stinky dogs.

ilovemia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have used Tough Stuff Carpet cleaner. Takes the smell away and have never had an animal go back to the place I used it.

You can get it at Wal-Mart in the automotive dept. Works on fabric, carpet , vynil l, and I have used it on baseboards.

kit e cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. I had already ordered the broad spectrum Nok Out, but from reading about it, they both accomplish the same thing. It'll be here Tuesday. Now, anyone have any ideas on what to do with a cat that is peeing all over, is not responding to Prozac any longer, and has no medical problems

artesian79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The key will be finding what has changed in the cat's environment and either removing it, or introducing it differently.

We now have 4 rescues and a little while ago took in 3 fosters. That's when the peeing began. We have Feliway plug ins in every room now, and thank heaven found a home for 2 of the fosters. We've gone back to keeping the foster cat/kitten (14 months) from all of ours most of the day. We allow her to play with our one kitten who has been very playful with her.

After taking all of ours to the vet and finding they all had bacteria in their bladders, but no red or white blood cells, we were told they were all being impacted by stress. Stress somehow causes bacteria....

We've had our oldest male on Calmicon for a while and had to increase it. Once we identified who was still marking - a female - we put her in a large cage overnight and then kept her in a room by herself for the next day. That seemed to break the habit until she escaped playing in the basement with all but the one of ours who likes playing with the foster and our little female marker started again tonight. (She came into the same room as the foster.)

We are going to pick up an Rx of Prozac tomorrow ($4!! in generic forms) tomorrow and hope it helps. She will also be in a room by herself tonight that doesn't have the foster's scent.

We plan to move our oldest off Calmicon b/c it makes him so drowsy and is a drug really for seizures in humans. These aren't the best of drugs to be on, so I feel safer with Prozac.

Hope this helps!

kit e cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nothing has changed. No different food, animals, furniture, anything. I'm at a loss. He;s been locked away in the spare bedroom for over 2 weeks now. But that's where he'll stay until I can trust he's not going to pee any more.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Give that ummm cat litter with the money back guarantee Dr Precious or something like that. Its clear crystals and a RB cat Ox who hadn't peed in a litter box in years used it right away!

artesian79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Feliway diffusers and collars? We've also started spraying the area with Feliway spray after cleaning it up. We use Natures Miracle or the Bissell product ewwww. The Bissell green machine pet version has been a life saver.

I know how difficult dealing with the situation is and you have my sympathy! My vet told me there were 3 different Rx's to try: Prozac, Calmicon, and something -pan. All of them take weeks to kick in and you'll be adjusting dosage as needed.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ugh. I have a male cat that sprays. He started out as a very nervous kitty and sprayed EVERYWHERE. I do admit, he's a lot better now.

He's just spraying in 1 room. And I think it's because it's the room with the ceiling fan (he's scared of the fan) and we put a new rug in there (from my mom's house, and she had a cat). I was so tired of him spraying the furniture every single day.

I broke down and got a refill for the Feilway diffuser about 2 weeks ago. I got that when we first had him.It kind of worked- kind of didn't so I didn't refill it when the refill was empty. And I've been using Nature's Miracle on the spots that I find.

These measures seem to be working. He doesn't spray there every day anymore. It's been a few days since I've cleaned up anything.

He'll still go into my dtr's bedroom and spray her bed. Haven't figured that one out. The bedspread came from mom's- but her cat never slept there. There is a mattress that I pulled out from under the bed b/c a charity wants it (but it's currently still there- the charity hasn't picked it up yet.). I had problems with another cat right after she went into that bed, this cat would pee on the bed every single day (we lost him about 3 months after he'd started that lovely habit). So I don't know if he's smelling that or not. We've kind of solved that problem by me telling dd not to leave her door open anymore.

Cheryl

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PatrickCampbell

Cats urine cleaning products are available in bacterial, enzymatic and chemical categories. You can search on many websites those offer information on how to clean cat urine plus anything else about cat urine you want to know. I use home remedies for removing cat urine odor because the main advantage of home remedy is there is no side effects and cost is minimum. White vinegar spray, mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda are very effective and best cat urine cleaning product.
Yes, that mixture works for skunk order too. But the peroxide... that will change color of stuff.