Best Cat Ever.. What Is Mixed With The Ragdoll?

LionMama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Brit... pure white as a 6 week old kitten and fully coated by 4 years old. She is such a great cat..enduring a 5 year old girl packing her into shopping bags and suitcases, throwing her over shoulder and carting her everywhere.
Now 6 years old and the older sister to our new rambunctious Red Lion the Maine Coon (see other thread).
Any ideas what might be mixed with her? 20170319_182248.jpg
20170319_182248.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dilute calico pointed domestic long hair, I do believe.

Do you have any other photos so we can see her body and more of her coat patterning?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LionMama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Do you have any other photos so we can see her body and more of her coat patterning?

Attachments

LionMama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is due for her summer haircut so a bit bedraggled.. she weighs about 15# but should be around 12#... the new addition of an adolescent Maine Coon has increased food supply during the day. I need to find a seperate feeding area for him or she will explode!
This is Brit... pure white as a 6 week old kitten and fully coated by 4 years old. She is such a great cat..enduring a 5 year old girl packing her into shopping bags and suitcases, throwing her over shoulder and carting her everywhere.
Now 6 years old and the older sister to our new rambunctious Red Lion the Maine Coon (see other thread).
Any ideas what might be mixed with her? View attachment 241166 View attachment 241166

LionMama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any ideas what might be mixed with her? View attachment 241166 View attachment 241166

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Still going with calico pointed. I am not really seeing signs of a specific breed, the coloration on her face makes it seem a little more pointed then I think it is. One of the large breeds so possible ragdoll mix, her face doesn't seem square enough for Maine Coon.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with Kieka. Possibly tortie point with white but this is minor nuances in the whole.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How much does she weigh? Is she biggish?

With her triangularish head she is somewhat look alike to a Norwegian, although these arent renown to be pointed.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is interesting that on this forum, often when a longhaired cat comes up, people are theorizing "is it a Siberian, Maine Coon, NFC, Ragdoll..." while on the other hand when a shorthaired cat comes up, most people usually move quickly to saying it is a domestic shorthair. Of course, almost all longhairs are domestics without particular breed ancestry, just as almost all shorthairs are.

For this cat I concur with Kieka in that I don't see evidence of any specific breed ancestry in the recent past... In the distant past there were Siamese ancestors responsible for the colorpoint gene, and crossed eyes are also associated with Siamese.

LionMama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys! She is definitely a mutt with lots in the mix. She really is beautiful in person and very sweet. And yes, a big girl.. a little too big for her own good as she is pretty darn sedentary.. now that we have a huge Maine Coon adolescent in the house she has been sneaking into his food every chance she gets!

She really is Chloe from The Secret Life of Pets