Best Cat Brushes?

kagen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm fairly new to the cat world, so I wanted to find out what are the best brushes I can use on my 4 1/2 month old kitty. I'm familiar with some brushes already, as I've always been a dog owner. Some brushes I have for my dogs are: the shedding blade, slicker, pin brush, undercoat rake, and a flea comb.

I have been mainly using a baby brush since my kitty, Marvin, lost his fur at a young age and has just recently grown it back in. Now I need to know what actual cat brushes I need to buy, and how often does he need to be brushed?

Thanks!

Here's my boy.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is just absolutely beautiful!  I have a Marvin too.  He is an orange kitty!!!  As far as brushes since your boy has longer hair, you could try a Furminator   I love mine.  I also have a Kong soft brush that works well.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Wow what a beautiful cat !!

I am a dog and cat groomer and I also show and breed Maine coons. What you need for Marvin is a moulting comb. The ones with long and short pins. Brushes are of little use on long haired breeds all they do is fluff the top of the coat up and not get to the underneath hair where the knotts form. Combs get right down to the skin. Hope this helps :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kagen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions! I will check for these at the local pet store soon.