BEST Automatic Feeder? (Wet food) / Feeding Schedule

siruh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all,
Looking for automatic feeder recommendations for WET FOOD! Need it to have at least 5+ compartments, as well as ice packs.

My Quorra only eats wet food so I’m thinking an automatic feeder would be nice to try out if I need to leave for a day/night.

Also, does anyone have any tips or tricks for wet food/automatic feeders? In addition to ice packs, I think adding frozen food to the compartments may be what is needed.

Side Note: SHE NO LONGER EATS DRY FOOD. Since switching to only wet food - in order to prevent morning empty stomach pukes, I’ve had to feed the last meal right before bed (about 10PM), and the first meal right around 5AM. This has helped her, but it’d be nice for me to get some more sleep! Any tips on wet food feeding schedule by hand?

Thanks!!! 😻

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the Petsafe 5 compartment feeder. It doesn't have an ice pack but the inside bottom of the feeder has a slot that a small gel type ice pack would fit into. Catmate is another brand you can look into.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rather than a wheel feeder which will rotate uneaten food away to reveal the next portion, I recommend just getting multiple single compartment feeders. This way if you only need one compartment, you put out one feeder and Quorra gets all the time she wants to finish that portion from when it opens to when you wake and remove it. This also means you can easily add or take away meals.

I used a different brand of a similar product. The one I used is "currently unavailable." But this is pretty much the same mechanism. This sells them as a pair. But the pair is only connected by a removable clip. You can deploy them as singles.
Pet Supplies : Petzilla Automatic Pet Food Feeder for Dogs & Cats, Pet Food Dispenser for 2 Meals Within 48 Hours, Ice Pack Included to Keep Food Fresh (2 Bowl) : Amazon.com

My mistake. The other brand that I use has them as singles that can be clipped together. I looked at that picture and it is two combined by one molded piece of plastic.

Here are the singles.
Amazon.com : Petzilla Automatic Pet Feeder for Dogs and Cats (1 Bowl) : Pet Supplies

And this is the one I use. You may want to wish list it and come back to it later to see if they're back in stock.
Pet Supplies : WOPET Automatic Cat Feeder, Pet Feeder for Dogs and Cats with Ice Pack Included - 2 Meals : Amazon.com