Benign Hair Follicle Tumor

Stacie411

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! I am new to this forum but very excited to be here and glad I found this place. My baby’s name is Colby and 6 months ago, I noticed a lump on his face (between his left eye and left ear). Vet told me it’s likely a subdermal or subaceous cyst and to keep an eye on it. Last week, I noticed the lump got bigger. Took him into a new vet and the lab (cytology) results say it is a benign hair follicular tumor. Planning to have the excision surgery on Monday.

Anyone else have cats that have had this kind of tumor? How did surgery go? How was the recovery?

Any information to ease my nervous and anxiety would be great!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I have no experience with this at all. Sorry. Just wanted to welcome you and tell you that other members will follow with more experience with this. Sometimes, if you are like me, it is just nice to know that someone has read and acknowledged your post. I will be watching and looking for you to receive some words of wisdom. Certain times of day on this site get more attention than others - so, hang in there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stacie411

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I have no experience with this at all. Sorry. Just wanted to welcome you and tell you that other members will follow with more experience with this. Sometimes, if you are like me, it is just nice to know that someone has read and acknowledged your post. I will be watching and looking for you to receive some words of wisdom. Certain times of day on this site get more attention than others - so, hang in there!
Thanks for the response! It’s so wonderful to know that people care and many thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)