Bengal?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to see the side, but I think Tiggy is a tabby patterned domestic short-hair. What type of tabby would depend on the markings.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He really doesn't look like a Bengal. He is a domestic shorthair tabby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave2006

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He really doesn't look like a Bengal. He is a domestic shorthair tabby.
Many thanks, I only asked as someone I knew thought she was part Bengal, she is unlike any other cat i have had, very affectionate, vocal and still calls me to play fight.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a cute kitty! I would describe Tiggy as a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. Classic tabby refers to the pattern with bold swirly markings and a "bullseye" on the side. Spots on the belly are a normal part of the classic tabby pattern. Most cats do not have specific breed ancestry, but that doesn't make them any less special -- domestic shorthairs are great cats! :)

Dave2006

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Such a cute kitty! I would describe Tiggy as a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. Classic tabby refers to the pattern with bold swirly markings and a "bullseye" on the side. Spots on the belly are a normal part of the classic tabby pattern. Most cats do not have specific breed ancestry, but that doesn't make them any less special -- domestic shorthairs are great cats! :)
I bought her as a moggie and she is a lovely cat, couldn't be happier with her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well said and done! She is really gorgious, including lotsa of this silver shine, but no trace of a bengal there. What is may possibly be discussed, is what sort of tabby. The bulls eye although there, isnt very pronounced, not us much as is often done.
I dont want to rule out she is really a ticked tabby. Where they usually do have the typical tabby stripes on head and legs, but their sides and backside is without the usual tabby markings.
However, its not always totally true. Sometimes there are possible to discern some stripes or bulls eye, very weakly.

I remember, once I looked up a site demonstrating the different tabby types, and on the ticked tabby - their first example, the cat DID had some vaguely seen markings...

I suppose the cat had both genes, both ticked and striped. And ticked is dominating over striped. As so even more, over classic tabby...
And so, the cat counted as ticked...

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my opinion the classic tabby bullseye is very obvious in the second picture. Random bred tabbies frequently have lots of ticking like that.

Dave2006

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks all for your help, her markings change in different light settings, she is a very pretty cat with a great nature.