Bengal tabby mix?

MINITREEBARBARIAN

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Saw a thread on here earlier of a bengal tabby mix and now I suspect my cat MAY be? But figured I'd get some opinions. She seems to have some of the features but she may just be a weird tabby lol.

Attachments

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Probably not, your kitty looks like a domestic calico striped tabby. Bengals have rosettes so pattern and appearance wise there's nothing I see that screams Bengal. Being crazy, active, loud, liking water, etc are all pretty normal cat traits especially if she's young

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with above. Very sweet cat with lotsa of different patterns! :)
Also, there is really nothing called for a bengal tabby mix...

Most common people is seeing some spots on belly, typical for most tabbies, and are sure their cat must have Bengal ancestry...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MINITREEBARBARIAN

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh okay well that's good! I was originally thinking she had some calico in her too! Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any possible temperaments I was gonna need to keep an eye out for, I just got her lol

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Again, not seeing any Bengal here, just a very pretty classic torbie girl. Without papers, she's technically a DSH, but her face shape does seem like she MIGHT have some American shorthair DNA.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some tabbies have stripes, some have spots and there are some that have both stripes and spots. Many striped tabbies even have spots on their bellies but that doesn't necessarily mean that a given cat is anything but a domestic tabby cat.

None of that matters to me because tabbies are my favorite kind of cat. :)
When I was a kid, I used to call them "tiger cats." ;)

In fact, our youngest, Elliot, is a striped tabby and his nickname is "Tiger!" :D

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some tabbies have stripes, some have spots and there are some that have both stripes and spots. Many striped tabbies even have spots on their bellies but that doesn't necessarily mean that a given cat is anything but a domestic tabby cat.

In fact, our youngest, Elliot, is a striped tabby and his nickname is "Tiger!" :D
Yes. In USA we call for tabby both these spotted, striped, and classic "bulls eyed" for tabby; the renown M and often white mouth are their common signatures.

In other countries with tabby they mean just and only the classic tabby; bulls eye / blotched / marbled....

These striped are either called for striped or for tigrered. They arent called for tabby.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever had a tabby cat who hasn't had spots on their belly. I've had two classic tabbies and two ticked tabbies. My tortie girl (not a torbie) technically counts as well because of the tabby on her red bits, but she's mostly black so it's hard to see what sort of tabby she is and whether she would have any belly spots if she was a homozygous red female.

I call Ozzie 'Tiger Boy'. ❤ But anyway, thread derailed!

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first cat was a gray and black over white tabby and his belly was almost all white with only a few spots around the edges.
His name was K.C. but I still called him a tiger cat. He could be a real tiger when he wanted to be! ;)