Bengal Or Tabby??

PrestonCat

Two Gingers and a Disaster
Kitten
Purraise
This is Audrey, she was found in an abandoned car with her siblings that had passed away and no mother when she was around 2wks old.
She was brought into the vet clinic I work at by the AWL right after she was found and she looked awful, matted eyes, dehydrated and malnourished, anyhow being the sucker I am I asked if I could foster her until she was about 2mo and after the third day of having her I asked if I could keep her, so long story medium we always joked that she looked kinda like a Bengal and I was wanting the input of more cat experienced people.
Audrey https://imgur.com/gallery/gQ8L2

MsPrudence

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was able to get the link to work after deleting some extra text. She's gorgeous! I don't know too much about cat breeds, but to my untrained eye, I think she has a little bengal in her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PrestonCat

Kitten
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
OMG she's gorgeous! :hearthrob:
I'm not familiar enough with these cat breeds to make any kind of call, but I'm sure someone will come along to help. :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a cutie! I think it’s possible that she has some Bengal in her! Her coloration and pattern is close, and her athletic build and overall head/ear shape look fairly similar to a Bengal as well. Without having papers, she would be considered a brown broken mackeral tabby (that’s her color description) Domestic Shorthair.

Does her personality seem to match that of a Bengal? Bengal Cats

Last edited:

PrestonCat

Kitten
Purraise
What a cutie! I think it’s possible that she has some Bengal in her! Her coloration and pattern is close, and her athletic build and overall head/ear shape look fairly similar to a Bengal as well. Without having papers, she would be considered a brown broken mackeral tabby (that’s her color description) Domestic Shorthair.

Does her personality seem to match that of a Bengal? Bengal Cats
Oh thank you! I've been wondering what exactly her pattern was called!
She definitely has some of the personality traits and she does a lot of "talking" and loves water.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep, I would say, too, that there is a lot of bengalness in her. Even without rossettes, she would easily pass by a pet quality bengal or maybe an occicat. I have curiosity about how did this happen, the fact that the mother was nowhere around makes me wonder if there was a backyard breeder and an "oops" pregnancy involved...

PrestonCat

Kitten
Purraise
Yep, I would say, too, that there is a lot of bengalness in her. Even without rossettes, she would easily pass by a pet quality bengal or maybe an occicat. I have curiosity about how did this happen, the fact that the mother was nowhere around makes me wonder if there was a backyard breeder and an "oops" pregnancy involved...
I know a few VERY few people in this area have some Bengals, I'm not sure if they're breeders or not, living in Arkansas (at least in my part) we don't really have cat breeders and the only ones I can think of had Maine Coons.
But stranger things have happened, right?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I know a few VERY few people in this area have some Bengals, I'm not sure if they're breeders or not, living in Arkansas (at least in my part) we don't really have cat breeders and the only ones I can think of had Maine Coons.
But stranger things have happened, right?
Bengals are becoming quite popular, so it’s statistically not impossible. If she did have a Bengal parent, they might not even be necessarily from a full-scale breeder, maybe one individual who purchased a whole cat to breed later.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Spots on tummy are treachous because many tabbies do have them. Although hers are big and nice. Yes I can imagine a bengal crossed with a mackerel tabby momma would give this result .