Bengal Kitten food?

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi :)
On Friday we are getting a new Bengal kitten. I hate the term "replacement kitten" but that is what Mace is. Rivers breeder is kindly replacing him, who passed away yesterday from FiP. River was 5.5 months old, this new little guy is about a month younger.

My question is about what kinds of food and treats do Bengal cats do well with/prefer? Because River was always sick I don't believe we fully know what we are in for with a healthy crazy Bengal lol River never ate much, but I free feed Innova EVO and daily offer Fancy Feast wet food. We were trying to help him gain weight, and thats what his vet recommended. My Ocicat has gotten quite chunky from all the wet food.

Any advice on the new Bengal is appreciated. I will post pics when I can :)

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To start with he should get whatever the breeder is feeding him - changing food at the same time as taking a new kitten home is a good way to get upset tummies.  My own two kittens came with almost 2 weeks of food from their breeder!

Thereafter they are like any other cat or kitten, other than being a high-energy easily bored sort of kitten and cat.

Hope he is all you want, and he gets on well with your Ocicat - watch out for when they start on the wall of death round your house!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best to follow the breeders advice, she knows what works for her cats

I also send kittens off with a big bag of goodies, including food and a detailed diet sheet. Also always available to my kitten buyers for any questions they may have

azurebengal89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would follow the breeders advice but if you would like to change his food(gradually) I recommend all natural cat foods that are grain free. My Smokey who is a Bengal eats earthbound primitive feline. 

-Good luck with your baby!