Beloved LA Cougar Dies

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
P-22 is featured on the front page of the Los Angeles Times!

P-22 has left a lasting legacy and was a great ambassador for wildlife coexisting with suburbia. He probably helped his neighborhoods by helping control the coyote population since coyotes are going after cats and small dogs in similar SoCal areas that lack an apex predator. Godspeed and tailwinds west, P-22!

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like there might be a compromise with P-22s remains. Hopefully, he will be interred with ceremony at Griffith Park. If studying his remains helps benefit future generations of urban dwellers, then I think that Creator will understand. To me, it's pretty much the same as what families deal with when autopsies are performed on family members (side note: a good book for families who experience loss during crime is What To Do When The Police Leave: a guide to traumatic loss)

SoCal Native Americans Urge Tribal Burial for P-22 Cougar in Griffith Park

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Was reading about another Mountain Lion in ST LOUIS. Seems like an odd spot for one. Got hit by a car, but kept on going. Sometimes I think nature would be much happier without us, or is simply hoping we’ll evolve.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Seems like an odd spot for one.
A few years back there was a younger one who meandered his way east and south for states-worth of miles. It was incredible, they assumed he was looking for new territory.

Sometimes I think nature would be much happier without us, or is simply hoping we’ll evolve.
:yeah: :agree: