Belle's anniversary

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three years ago today, Belle decided she wanted to live with us. We picked that day to also be her birthday; she would have been 7 years old today. We lost her to CRF Nov.9 of last year.
Even tho she was only with us for 2 1/2 years, she ruled the household and made a huge impact on us. I absolutely adored her. I've loved and lost lots of cats in my life; there were 2 that make me cry whenever I think of them. Belle is one of them. I think about her everyday and miss her terribly. She'll always be in my heart.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is such a gift when they choose us, and trust us to be their loved human companions. Your Belle had 2 1/2 wonderful years with you, full of love and joy. What a nice tribute to Belle.

Sending ((((cyber hugs))))

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on your loss. It is so hard when we only get them for a short time, and it feels like we have lost them too soon! May your happy memories be a comfort to you!

Are you in Northern IL? If so, we are neighbors!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, west-central Illinois.
I am at a loss as to why this anniversary, and Belle's death in general, has hit me so hard. For some reason, I can't seem to get past it. I remember all the amazingly cute things she did, how regal she could be sometimes (we called her Princess Bellinski), how beautiful she was (a peach point Himalayan with ice blue eyes), how well she got along with all the other cats, etc; I just loved everything about her. I know cats cross that bridge everyday, but it just seems so unfair that it had to be Belle. It's been 8 months, and I still cry over her everyday

Thanks for the kind words.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a book called "Tear Soup" about an old woman who has a loss, and brews up a big pot of tear soup. It includes happy and sad memories, lots of tears, good things and bad. She shares the soup with her friends and family. Some people share with her, some really can't.

It just kind of reminds us that everyone grieves in their own way. Stirring up a big pot of tear soup, and letting it simmer (giving yourself time to heal) seems like a good idea to me. If you have a library, maybe you can look into this book. (I bought 3 of them fairly recently!)

Share your feelings here. You will find lots of people who understand. And if it seems you can't get past the sadness on your own, maybe you can talk to someone about it.