Belle Is Being Very Quiet.....

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi All,
For those who don't know us we have 2 cats. Belle a Scottish fold aged just under 2 years and Aza, a 10 month old rescue who we adopted about 2 months ago. When Aza came home we introduced them carefully and we have not had any aggression problems but Belle has not been willing to join in games with Aza such as chase the laser while Aza is absolutely crazy about any game , She has been ready to chase Aza around the apartment though. Recently Belle has become very sedentary sitting and sleeping almost all day and not responding to any playtime prodding from us. Do you think that she is jealous of the attention Aza is getting? The cats do often sleep on top of each other on the cat tree we have on the balcony so I don't think we have a dislike or aggression problem

Thanks

Paul and Alina

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
JUST to be on the safe side, and because cats are so very good at hiding pain, I would suggest scheduling a vet check for Belle. If she is eating well, using her box normally, and moving freely, you're probably just fine, but any time an active cat becomes sedentary, it isn't a bad idea just to make sure. I really think that if jealousy were an issue, she wouldn't be so snuggly with him.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try giving Belle some one on one time everyday. An hour with Aza locked in another room; so Belle can play and get her cuddles on might make all the difference.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible that Belle is wearing out her energy staying up at night playing with her new pal and this has changed her sleep pattern. But, as others have said, you want to have the vet check her out first.