Belle Has Stopped Eating

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, our 18 month old Scottish Straighy Belle has just stopped eating, and is sleeping a lot. We haven't changed her food at all - she has free access to Royal Canin dry food and she normally eats 2 pouches per day of Felix moist food.

The only recent events that have happened are a trip to the local vets to have her anal glands cleaned and moving the overnight sleeping from my room to the secure balcony since summer has arrived in Kiev. Belle's fur looks shiny and smooth and all looks ok but her breath is a bit strong - she is an indoor cat who weighs 4kg.
My main questions are should I be worrying yet and when should I start plus does anyone have suggestions for something we can try?

Thanks
Paul, Alina and Belle
Kiev

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may be growing up and needing less food. But when a cat stops eating entirely or a sudden change in her eating, that usually means something is wrong. Her strong breathe may indicate dehydration, especially if it is warmer out, make sure she drinks enough, you might encourage her with a cat fountain. She may be eating more dry, keep careful records of how much she is really eating. She may be too hot, cats will stop eating then too. If she isn't eating enough, tempt her with anything she will eat. Meat human baby food is tempting, so is stinky food such as canned mackerel. My 16 year old quits once in a while, he LOVES Arbey's roast beef and McDonald's hamburger patties. Anything to get them to eat. If an 18 month old is truly not eating enough, I would weigh her (weigh yourself first, then hold her in your arms on the scale.) and if she starts losing weight then is the time to get some blood tests done at the vets. All the luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She may be growing up and needing less food. But when a cat stops eating entirely or a sudden change in her eating, that usually means something is wrong. Her strong breathe may indicate dehydration, especially if it is warmer out, make sure she drinks enough, you might encourage her with a cat fountain. She may be eating more dry, keep careful records of how much she is really eating. She may be too hot, cats will stop eating then too. If she isn't eating enough, tempt her with anything she will eat. Meat human baby food is tempting, so is stinky food such as canned mackerel. My 16 year old quits once in a while, he LOVES Arbey's roast beef an

Anything to get them to eat.
We are watching Belle closely and if there is no change tomorrow it is off to the vet with us. On a side note we saw her eating a s

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh the problems of typing on a tablet - back to the laptop... Last night was very uncomfortable Belle did not sleep and we were up very early but I took her out in the carry bag to buy some salad - a much longer walk than planned and on her return she drank and ate - she drank again later on but hasn't eaten more but little steps. I tried to write last night that we saw her trying to eat a spider and wondered if it could be some kind of poisoning maybe from pesticides - right nw we are all trying to catch up on our sleep