Being a DJ for your Cat

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I just hit the bullseyes by playing Roger Calm for my cat! He hopped up into my lap and purred and purred and purred. Has anyone else been their cat’s dj and hit the mark on some music they like?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember when Onsa was about 5 weeks old and we had to take the group for a checkup, an hour away. She screamed until my son played 'I wish it would rain down' (Phil Collins). She quit screaming and layed quietly. Until the song was over, then started again until my son played it again.
Over 2 hours of this song on loop was torment, but it kept her happy.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Magnus is Faozia's biggest fan. She says soothes him.
His favourite song that he attempts to record his buttons though is Hallelujah, Pentatonix version.

Calcifer always purrs to the most random song that came on the radio, "Tros des patate".

Bad Cat DJ moment: My roommate's cat once looked her in the eye and pushed her computer off her desk when she played Katy Perry's Firework on repeat all afternoon.

yelloweyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hum/voice one of my fiddle tunes for Jasper when we're on the way to the vet, and he sings along. He really likes "Grasshopper Sitting on a Sweet Potato Vine." 🎻

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat was hiding when my sis was here. So she waited outside.my cat still did not come out til I played the music. Stopped it,she went back under so I started the music again so she would come out

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight’s medley of harp music and ocean waves has him curled up right next to the phone. He just loves “music time.” Wish I could figure out how he hears a thing…he seems to like nature, and purity of tones. I wonder if the vibrations feel nice, like stroking your cat through sound.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
…it’s kind of uncanny. He lately just comes up and “asks” for music, then goes into a meditative trance. I envy how easily he slips into serenity.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
…it’s kind of uncanny. He lately just comes up and “asks” for music, then goes into a meditative trance. I envy how easily he slips into serenity.
I believe it! I use AAC buttons with my cat. One is "music".

Magnus often presses, "music, Magnus Bean" to mean he wants music out on for himself.

He can also reset the buttons by holding them down and will record his favourite songs over the buttons 😅 also the vacuum because he likes white noise.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise

Magnus often presses, "music, Magnus Bean" to mean he wants music out on for himself.

He can also reset the buttons by holding them down and will record his favourite songs over the buttons 😅 also the vacuum because he likes white noise.
THAT is simply astounding. How much of their lives revolve around enjoyment of sound it seems we are only beginning to understand.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight’s medley of birdsong, purring & harp had him over the moon. I like to think it reminded him of his kitten-in-the-barn days.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

This is amazing!