Behaviour not changing after neutering

danipoz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got my 1.5 year old male cat neutered exactly 2 weeks ago. His incision healed nicely but the his behaviour did not change. The only thing that i noticed is he isnt restless that much anymore. He still fights with neighbours and stray cats that come into my garden. I feed 2 stray kittens that are 8 months old and they hang out in my garden with my cat. Even after neutering he still wants dominance over them, bites their neck and pins them down. I've read that it can take up to a month for hormones to go away from his body but im afraid his aggression wont change. Did someone have a similar experience? Im really concerned.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, it'll take a month or longer for his hormones to leave his body. Some neutered males will still be dominate over other males. I suggest to just give him a month or two.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, as K KittyJ posted, it does take some time for the hormones to fully leave a cat's body after neutering. And some males will still be territorial, if that's their personality. The strong tom cat smell of their urine, will definitely go away. And, if he was spraying, that should stop too, though might not, especially if he's territorial, and had been doing it for a while. He will, however, no longer be desperate to find females, so that should keep him closer to home.