Been Embarrassed By Your Cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in my 20’s; Pumpkin was our resident cat. A very spoiled orange cat.

One day, we saw her batting around, playing with “something”. It had crinkley white paper around it, long, tube snapped. We were unsure of what it was.

It was obvious that Pumpkin loved this “toy”; batting it all over the first floor.

When I went over to see what it was, I was horrified and embarrassed.

Pumpkin had somehow gotten ahold of one of my “personal hygiene” items. It was ‘that’ time of the month!

She was very upset at me for taking away her new toy!!

Yes, my neighbor was visiting at the time! Good thing she was female and understood.

My Dad laughed. I was so embarrassed

Needless to say, I had to really keep a close tab on my personal items, after this.
Yep..red face award for sure

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been reading through all the threads here (might take me another 5 years to finish but trying it anyway) and chuckling away at a lot of the antics our feline friends get up to.
It has brought back a lot of memories of cats I have had and some really embarrassing things they have done.
Like dropping a dead rat at your dinner guests feet just before serving dinner.
Went over to introduce myself to a new neighbor and the cat followed me over and promptly sprayed on her leg..couldn't look her in the eye after that. One of my cats was a thief..having to return to neighbors, keys, jewelry and anything else that was shiny and looked good to this particular cat was a weekly chore. They got to know him in the end and was treated as a bit of fun among the neighbors.
Anyway to get to the worst a cat has done to me was: I having my morning shower and the cat suddenly howled at the shower door. I opened the door to see what he wanted and he dropped a very alive mouse into the shower. The mouse was jumping up my legs trying to get out of the hot water, the cat was jumping after the mouse, and I was doing the 4 minute mile in one spot in the shower. When a bit of sanity came back I caught the mouse in a soapbox, and ran to the door and threw him into the yard then realized i was standing stark naked on my porch in the middle of a apartment complex..I did the biggest vanishing act you have ever seen. Anyway..wondering you guys have some similar stories that have left you red faced..lol
One day, we were castrating livestock.
That day, a barn cat chose to investigate the "bin" and bring us a surprise.
Just take a guess what that surprise was.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was scanning the message board I initial thought the title was have you been embezzled by your cat. LOL that would be one smart cat. I have been reading too many finance documents today
Better watch your back,,,you never never know what they can do..lol

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a menstrual cup in place of tampons and pads (more eco-friendly and I like that they're more comfortable/last longer between changes/etc.). Anyway, to clean them once you're done, you boil for it 10 minutes them and then let it air dry. So, after doing just that, I left it (clean and sterilized) on the counter on a paper towel to dry and went about whatever I was doing. Dexter walks by and into the kitchen, I think nothing of it. The I hear something hit the floor and the oh-so-familiar sound of a kitten eagerly playing with something....yep. Knocked it clean off the counter and decided it was just THE NEATEST toy he had ever come across.

He ran by me with the whole thing in his mouth. I had to chase him down, which was, of course, ANOTHER FUN GAME to him.

I am so glad I was home alone and had no company.

My husband cried from laughing so hard when I told him what Dex had done.

And, yes...I re-boiled the cup!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These stories are hilarious! Mine is very tame in comparison. One day we had the pastor over for a visit. We also had an adventurous kitten. When they pastor started to leave, he asked if we could pray together, so we all bowed our heads and he started the prayer. I looked and the kitten was halfway up the pastors pants leg! He was climbing like a mountaineer climb Mt Everest. The pastor never missed a beat, even though those little need like claws had to hurt!
Another time I was showing Jack. It was his last show before I retired him, the last ring of the show. He decided to poop in the judging cage! I guess he was telling me he was ready to retire!!! Needless to say he did NOT make that judges final!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't top any of the stories here, but my sweet RB cat Garfield embarrassed the heck out of me one time.

Our area used to be very rural and we were comfortable letting the cats outside. Garfield crossed the street (a gravel road) and proceeded to attack the neighbor's much smaller cat in his own yard. I heard the commotion and ran outside. I grabbed Garfield and started apologizing. The neighbor was very nice about it, saying his cat was more scared than hurt. I was trying to explain that Garfield really wasn't a mean cat. All the while Garfield, who weighed over twenty pounds, was struggling, growling, and throwing kitty punches at me in an effort to get down and re-attack that poor cat.

It's difficult to explain what an angel your cat really is when he's intent on showing his butt like that.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So, this isn’t about cats but my all time favorite embarrassing moment on live TV and it involved First Lady Barbara Bush. The Bushes were big time dog lovers and owners and a couple lived at the White House with them. She was doing a televised live tour of the White House for some network and the anchor was standing with her trying to interview her. But in the background was one of their dogs, leg up enthusiastically washing its crotch. The cameras moved, Mrs Bush moved and seemingly the dog moved with them because there he still was in the background washing away. Finally, and I have always loved her for it, Mrs Bush, saying nothing turned away from the interviewer, walked to the dog and gave it a nudge with her foot and then returned to the interviewer and carried on.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I moved into an apartment complex with my two cats in the early ‘80s. I met a neighbor couple when they were walking their three Himalayans on leashes. We talked cats, of course, and a few days later I invited them over to meet Sara the tortie and Brandy the dilute tabby. Sara walked in with her 160 tortie IQ, politely and calmly greeted everyone, and then sat down to be part of the conversation. I had to go get Brandy, my sweet but dim bulb. This was Florida in the summer, and I was wearing a tube top. As I walked into the room, Brandy twisted in my arms, spotted my neighbors, started flailing around in a panic...and pulled my tube top down. Brandy escaped, I whirled around as fast as I could, but I know it wasn’t fast enough! :blush:

Biggest red face award..hahahaha
Tube tops were a dangerous dangerous thing. Bend down and they could roll down in a second.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arnold and greg are perfect in my mind, so it's impossible for them to embarrass me. Although I think greg is sometimes embarassed by me.

There were a couple of awkward occassions with the boys and guests.

We have an elderly friend, in his 90's, a doctor who is very prim and proper, a true gentleman. He dislikes cats. Of course this makes Greg and arnold visit him on the couch. Greg has even tried to jump into his lap. Greg doesnt do that to strangers.

One day our friend is visiting and the boys decide they are going to jump on the dining room table. Wine, cheese, crackers ect are set out for our guest.

I waited for a moment before reacting, to allow our guest to feel just ever so slightly uncomfortable. No doubt he is mortified, but is too polite to say anything.

At that moment greg and arnold start one of their play wrestling matches, complete with growling, ears back, eyes wide open and rolling around on the dining room table: over 40 lbs of teeth, claws and fur. I thought it was hilarious. I waited another moment, pretended to be embarrassed, exclaimed this had never happened before and that i was so sorry. Truth is the boys wrestle all over the house and tables and counter tops are all fair game. I loved my boys even more when they did that.

20190112_065457.jpg
20190112_065503-1.jpg

On another occasion, that I should have been embarrassed, but wasnt, as the sun rises and sets on my boys and they can do no wrong (lol), was with another guest.

A lady had slid her car in to the ditch in front of our house. It was a cold, snowy day and she had an hour wait for a tow truck. We invited her in to keep warm. Of course the boys come running to the door to greet her. She clearly isnt a cat person. She takes her coat and shoes off and sits down on our couch. I left the room to make her a tea or coffee. When I returned, greg is on the coffee table a couple of feet from her. He has made direct eye contact with her, is in a stalking position and staring very intently, she is obviously uncomfortable. As you must know by now, greg is not a normal sized cat and he can be very intense with his stare. To someone who doesnt know him, and doesn't like cats, this would probably be intimidating Cats are lightening fast, he has massive claws and teeth and weighs 20 lbs. Only a few feet from her is the boys heavy duty scratching post that clearly exihibits their destructive abilities.

Greg has this poor lady pinned to the couch and was staring rudely at her. (He is a gentle cat and ive never seen him hurt a human)

I pretended to be embarrassed and said ...." greggy stop staring at our guest" and I removed him.....but inside I was laughing.

Guess im a bad dad.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot a funny one with my first cat, Brandy. She was pretty quiet and I told guests at my dinner party that they would barely see her. Folks were sitting in the living room and I had snacks, including a plate of stuffed mushrooms on the coffee table. I glanced at the table just in time to see a paw come up and in a second snatch a mushroom off the plate and disappear. I didn’t look around to see who else also noticed and pretended it hadn’t happened.

LittleShadow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well...I wasn't really embarrassed but this story seems to fit the theme. My bed frame was being restained, so my my mattress was on my floor for the week. My cat at the time was Kilana, a small tuxedo gal who was very much MY cat, though she'd settle for my immediate family I was living with if I wasn't available. She was also harness and leash trained, and I periodically would have inside the house harness and leash time with her.

I have a friend over, and it's leash time for Kilana. We go to my room and chill, me at the head of my mattress with harnessed and leashed Kilana in my lap, my friend sitting at the foot. Conversation turns to how possessive of me Kilana is. My friend gets an evil look in her eye. "Oh, so she wouldn't like....this?" And she leans over and drapes herself across my outstretched ankles.

I'd shortened Kilana's leash as soon as I saw the look on my friend's face, and good thing I did. Kilana lunged at her face, hissing and growling. She'd sprung at her with such energy that when she hit the end of her lead, she knocked her feet out from under herself when the harness yanked her back. I ended up having to toss the quilt over Kilana and sort of smother-purrito her to calm her down, while my friend was laying there cackling too hard to move. It took Kilana almost a year to forgive my friend.