Been away for too long, meet the new Kid: Billy

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, Real Life has kept me too busy to get anythong done on the internet, but I've got a bit of a breather. About two and a half months ago I came across a little kitten abandoned in a parking lot. I had to take him home, there was no way he would have survived otherwise. At the time His age was between five and six weeks (not months...). Being separated from his mother far too early has had consequences- his behavior- but he was healthy.

the first 24 hours

While the idea was to take care of him until somebody adopted him, the wife has already decided that he's staying. We named him Billy, as in Billy the Kid, but I call him Bonsai Billy because of his kamikaze approach to everything. He's already been injured twice (nothing serious) but shows no signs of turning down the recklessness. We estimatethat he was born between the 11th and 18th of March; to simplify we go with March 15th as his birthday

i'm pressed for time at the moment, so I'll post some photos. When I get more time I'll post more

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome back to TCS. :wave2: And congrats on the new family member, and of course for rescuing him and saving his life. :petcat:
He's pawsitively adorable. :catlove:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so thankful you rescued Billy the Kid in the parking lot that day. It definitely sounds like he's found his forever home. :catlove:

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is so stinking cute!! I'm happy you found him and we're able to keep him. We rescued our GA cat Nico from an Italian sandwich shop (lol hence the name). There was an ink store right next to it, and he was dumpster diving looking for food. He was covered head to toe in blue ink when we took him home. For being on the street at least 6 months, he was such a cute baby boy and so open to us. He'd come to me, but run away from everyone else. I won't say he was my favorite because I love all my fur babes the same, but he definitely held a special place in my heart. ❤ His antics never waivered as he got older either. 😉
Billy is looking healthy, happy, and right at home!! Welcome to your forever home, Billy. ❤

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
lucho lucho
Just checking in for update on lil Billy the Kid,he's a real adorable fellow an quite irresistibly kissable especially with his little diamond over his nose!

God Bless you for taking Billy home,I love that your wife immediately stated " he's staying "- my kinda person!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lucho lucho
Just checking in for update on lil Billy the Kid,he's a real adorable fellow an quite irresistibly kissable especially with his little diamond over his nose!

God Bless you for taking Billy home,I love that your wife immediately stated " he's staying "- my kinda person!
Thanks for the kind words :wave3:
Been busy with work and a few other things, but I'm back. Billy is now six months old- going by our estimate that he was born around March 15th (some time between March 11th and the 19th, we split the difference). I tried to weigh him, which wasn't easy, and he comes in at just under 3kg, or six pounds and and some ounces. A good weight for his age, especially considering that he has a very lanky build that belies his voracious appetite- he eats more than Pantera and Pimenta put together! Also, his adult teeth are more or less in place and he's stopped teething on everything and everybody; now he only "play bites" (bites with no real force).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One thing Billy likes to do is stick his head outside the netting. Not to escape, he's totally at home, but to see and smell the world outside the apartment. Initially, it was no issue: we assumed that as he grew his head wouldn't fit through the netting and he'd give up.But Billy's nothing if not clever: he still somehow finds a way to squeeze his head through, just to feel he's out there.Just for comparison, Pimenta never tried to do it. Pantera was never small enough to even try, but she will occaisionally stick her nose through the netting (and that may well have been where Billy got the idea)

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing Billy likes to do is stick his head outside the netting. Not to escape, he's totally at home, but to see and smell the world outside the apartment. Initially, it was no issue: we assumed that as he grew his head wouldn't fit through the netting and he'd give up.But Billy's nothing if not clever: he still somehow finds a way to squeeze his head through, just to feel he's out there.Just for comparison, Pimenta never tried to do it. Pantera was never small enough to even try, but she will occaisionally stick her nose through the netting (and that may well have been where Billy got the idea)

That would give me nightmares....I caged in my entire patio with welded wire panels because I had to escape proof those screens or Id have a nervous breakdown worrying about it,it's really nice to not have to babysit constantly when they go outside to the patio---- even Timmy went through the cat door onto the patio and my only concern was getting him back inside( which was not too difficult after all)