Beef lung?

heyitskevinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does/has anyone here used beef lung for homemade cat food? Is it okay? Share your experiences please

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never used it, but out of my research it sounds like a really good food!
It is high in protein, essential fatty acids, and apparently taste great.
However I've never tried it, so it might be worth researching on how much to give and how to prepare.
:bigeyes:🙂🙂🙂

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m interested in your experience with it. I’ve given my cats dehydrated lambs lung and they love it! So this is raw? And where would I get beef lung?

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it should be fine to feed but I would start with a very small amount. Lung is organ meat and organs shouldn't make up more than 10% of the cat's diet. If you're following a homemade raw food recipe you can use lung as part of the organ requirement.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's pretty odd texture wise and would be rough running through a grinder I would think, very chewy and cartilage filled. My cats won't touch lung on its own, even small ones like rabbit I haven't been able to get them to accept.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m interested in your experience with it. I’ve given my cats dehydrated lambs lung and they love it! So this is raw? And where would I get beef lung?

An ethnic market most likely. Hare-Today.com sells beef lung and other organs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heyitskevinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, it should be fine to feed but I would start with a very small amount. Lung is organ meat and organs shouldn't make up more than 10% of the cat's diet. If you're following a homemade raw food recipe you can use lung as part of the organ requirement.
Ahh okay. Not looking for organ meat at the moment.. What about beef cheek or pork cushion meat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heyitskevinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm buying from rawfeedingmiami