Bedtime ritual

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
James our medium haired orange kitty is the funniest cat. He lives mostly in our Master bedroom by his own choice. At bedtime he's gotten into a ritual as much as we have. When it's time to get ready for bed the signal is us closing the door so we can change. Then he gets started. First he jumps to the highest perch in our room. He always takes the same route, from the bathroom, to the bed, leap to the top of the TV, then up on the file cabinet, then up on a shelf of CD's. This puts him about 8 feet in the air, maybe nine. There he watches us as we ready ourselves. Once we are ready, we open the door a little so all the furries have access at night, we climb into bed, turn on our night time music and turn off the bed side light. Before the light is all the way off James has LEAPT from the top of the file cabinet to the bed and RUN across us to the headboard where he has his personal nest. (Picture large bookcase headboard with one section given over to cat blankies and such).

He never goes to his bed until we have the music on, and it doesn't matter if we are in the way, he'll just run us over to get to his bed.

Once in bed he cuddles down and then "holds hands" with me till I fall asleep.
He's one cool kitty.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are very routine! Parker knows its bed time when I put my computer to sleep. He will sit by my desk while I go the bathroom and brush and teeth, he jumps on the bed when I am snuggled in, goes to the bottom of my bed, behind my legs, kneads for a moment then goes to sleep.

mary'scalico

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats are smart animals. They recognize things by habit. When I finish my morning shower my cat is always gawking at me because she knows it's about feeding time. They perceive and communicate things in interesting ways.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
James loves his routine!!! That is so funny what he does. Cats are soooooo dependent on their schedules and routines. Each night before bed I have to throw Pipsqueak's foil ball, then he carries it around in his mouth howling and comes and drops it by my bed. I have to throw it one more time (it is always two throws a night) Then he jumps on the bed to his spot with the foil ball and curls up to go to sleep.... Of course, one of the kittens always comes in and takes the foil ball and runs off with it. Pip doesn't care at that point, he is already snuggled up and ready to sleep. I just love the kitties routines and rituals