Bed Wetting

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
So I have a bit of a random question-is a cat peeing outside the box ever just a random one off fluke thing (like a kid wetting the bed). I ask because every so often my Oscar will pee in the sink and last night he went on my bed but before I put him through the stress of a vet visit I wanted to check.
things to keep in mind
-I have done a deep clean of the boxes since his accident and he has used them since (I will say the boxes were a bit ripe)
-he has flutd and sometimes I think it just flares up but he is on a special diet for it
-the night before the accident he got a lick of pesto while I was cooking-could it have no sat well with him?
-every couple of months he will randomly go in the sink but i have been trying to discourage that by leaving the sink dripping a tad so it is wet. Could it be he was unhappy with the state of his box and his "back up box ie the sink wasnt an option so he went on my bed
-could he have just gone in his sleep by mistake?

other than this he seems perfectly happy and healthy and has no changes to his behavior etc. Also once i cleaned the boxes he came over sniffed them and hopped right in and did his thing (I did notice before that he was sniffing the boxes and walking away and sorta hanging around the sink looking like he wanted to go to the restroom)

thoughts? I am trying to stay calm here but I am a bit nervous

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Could it be he was unhappy with the state of his box and his "back up box ie the sink wasnt an option so he went on my bed
Hi! I think this, yes. If you can be diligent about keeping up with the cleaning, he'll probably be less reluctant, on a more consistent basis, to use the boxes.
:vibes::crossfingers: